
We went to my mom's work for their 2nd annual Harvest Festival. It was super fun! They had booths set up all over the parking lot where we could decorate pumpkins, make our own flash lights, plant a tree, see a real fire truck and fire fighters, face paint (Kira got a little butterfly on her cheek), jump on the moon bounce, trick or treat, pick up and play with starfish and other sea life and a truck with lots of free food. The whole event was free so it was super fun to go and enjoy. Kira LOVED jumping in the moon bounce all afternoon in her Tinkerbell costume. She looked like a little ballerina in there. The company had a costume contest so Ian, Zoey and Kira all dressed up. Ian's costume is so funny. I didn't get any pictures of it that day, but we will! Zoey was a ladybug and the only one I got to take a picture of. Kira was terrified of Ian all day because she was afraid of his costume so I had to hold her all day practically. And when I wasn't holding her, I was holding Zoey because Ian's costume was kind of awkward for him to move around too much. So by the time we had been there for a couple hours and had been across the street to the sea lab to look at fish, we were pretty tired and really HOT. I kept telling Ian that we needed to just wait a little longer until the costume contest started. He was very patient. It's a good thing we did though because by the time they started the contest, there were only 4 people who were still dressed in costume! 3 of them were us! So, the employees did what was only fair and gave everyone a prize! So, we took home THREE gift cards! This was so exciting and just totally made my entire weekend! We got to take home a toys r us $30 gift card, a Lucille's restaurant $50 gift card, and a $30 game stop gift card. How cool! We were so excited. It was a very fun day and we were so glad we got to enjoy a nice family activity and get another reason to dress up in our Halloween costumes. =)




2 comments:
I'm so happy you guys were able to stick it out and make it till the costume competition and then win it ALL! good job have fun shopping!!
Wow, that sounds like a blast! But... you never said what Ian was dressed up as... or I missed it...
Post a Comment