Sunday, September 4, 2011

Kira's prayer

Today I was really proud of myself for getting up and bearing my testimony at church! Go me! After attending Judie Spooner's funeral on Friday I just really have been thinking about what a blessing it is to know that our families are eternal. I am so happy to know that I am sealed to my husband and children and I get to be with them forever. Kira and Zoey both came up onto the stand with me during sacrament. It was so funny. I'm beginning to feel like Valerie I think having all these kids up on the stand with you when you're trying to bear your testimony. It was so happy though. I was so happy that they could see what I was doing and hopefully I was being an example to them. After I bore a quick testimony, Kira bore hers. She was so cute. She smiled during the whole thing and said something like, "I'm thankful for Jesus. I'm thankful for Daddy, Mommy and Zoey. I know the church is true. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen." I was so proud of her! Of course I had to whisper it all in her ear, but still. It was the first time we did that and it made me so happy that she wasn't shy from the congregation but WANTED to bear her testimony. I wonder if she felt the spirit? What a good girl!

Today Ian and I were each set apart for our teaching callings. My new calling is the "strengthening marriage" course teacher. I'm so excited about it! I got the manual today and the lessons look pretty long. There are only 6 and I'm only teaching every other week, which is super awesome! I think I'm going to really enjoy this class. I hope I can do a good job. I was so proud of Kira while I was being set apart. She sat on my lap and she sat so still and closed her eyes. She understood that it was an important prayer and that she needed to behave. I'm so proud of her spiritual progress in the last few months. =)

She is so sweet when she prays too because her prayers the past few days have been going something like this: "Dear Heavenly Father, we're thankful for our food, Please bless Daddy, Mommy, Kira, Zoey, Cinderella, Mama and Papa..." then she repeats some things we might say and then we say Amen. It is so funny how she loves Cinderella so much lately she even remembers her in her prayers. Cute Kira!

This is how Zoey sounds during our family prayers: "Papa... papa... papa... papa..." Don't worry Zoey, we won't forget Papa!

1 comment:

Eva said...

What a sweet prayer!! Kids are SOO sweet. I just love them!

background