Thursday, January 19, 2012

Zoey's 2nd birthday!














Zoey's 2nd birthday was such a success! Rachel made the awesome Ariel cake, the marshmellow pops and fun cupcakes! We ordered pizza from Costco and made a salad and a few other things and it ended up being just perfect! We had a really good turnout of family and friends. My aunt Eleanor came, Amber and Aubrey, Tanya and Mauricio, Jared and Noelle, Chris and Rachel, Kevin and Jeanette's family, my sister Emily, Krystal and Ben, Julia and Ryan. Sheila stopped by the day before to give Zoey a gift and wish her a happy birthday. My mom was really sick and so my parents skipped the chaos and Ian's parents were out of town for the weekend. It was so enjoyable being able to visit with everyone and I could really feel the love in the air that everyone has for our family. I am so thankful for such great family and friends. I had so much fun planning the party, thinking of what I could do to make it "ariel" like, and setting up. Kira was such a good helper setting everything up the day of. Tanya was such a sweetheart because she came over early, after I asked her last minute, to get balloons blown up for us, pick up some extra ice, and pick up the pizzas from Costco. Her help was such a blessing because I always end up stressing for time at the last minute and sure enough, I ran out of time! Amber and Aubrey picked up the cakes and goodies from Rachel's house because Rachel was still stuck at work for a few hours. I am so thankful to everyone who came to show their love and support for us and who helped make this party a success and a super fun time! And thank you all for the fun gifts! Zoey and Kira too, just love everything! We had so much fun watching the girls open gifts. It was like Christmas again! They are just so entertaining. The looks in their eyes when they open a new toy is so priceless.

We got to spend Friday night with Ian's parents since they were leaving Saturday morning. They treated us to dinner at the food court in the Lakewood mall. We got to try these breadsticks that were absolutely amazing! Then we went to the Disney store and Papa and Mama treated the girls to whatever they wanted in the store! Kira found a Cinderella wedding dress and Cinderella's mother's pink dress as a set on clearance! Good find! And Zoey got a little Minnie Mouse car and an adorable Rapunzel summer dress. We had so much fun spending time with Mama and Papa. It was so precious seeing the girls holding Papa and Mama's hands as we walked through the mall. I took a mental picture of that walk. They just love the girls so much and we love them so much. They are such great grandparents.

Zoey is such an amazing 2 year old. She is talking so well, in complete sentences, and is so patient and loving towards Kira. She is the best little sister. She always does what Kira wants her to when they play. What a great little playmate. Kira is so lucky to have her! Zoey is so goofy as you can see in these pictures of her, she always has 10 different smiles for every picture. I just love capturing her many expressions. I don't want her to grow up any more!!! But I just love how beautiful and smart she is growing up to be. I love you so much Zoey!!!

If you want to see all the photos from Zoey's birthday party, you can click this picture:
Zoeys 2nd Birthday - Ariel Party!

2 comments:

Eva said...

How do you make your picture collages? They are very good! What a fun Ariel party. I bet that your kids love all the fun events that you put on.

katie said...

I love how you are doing picture collages now! Since you mentioned that to me about picasa - I have been making them, too! My dad is always so shocked at how nice they are. And they are SUPER easy to do! Even before I read the post I was thinking about what a sweetie Zoey is as I was looking at the pictures. You can just see it in her face. You sure made a beautiful party! Even tho you made it sound "small" on the phone!
I thought it was ironic that Kira had toys, too - even tho it's Zoey's party. What a cutie.
I am kind of dreading the girl's first birthday.. I just want to take pictures and call it good. No party - but maybe the decor for the pics. hahaha. I guess that's fine, they don't really care at that age.
And wow, some of those pictures you took look amazing! Your top is really cute, too! I wish you would have showed it off more in the pics! But I guess I might get to see it in person, soon enough :)

background