Monday, February 13, 2012

Swing Set

A few months ago, we were at Costco and they had a BEAUTIFUL swingset on display! O my goodness. Kira AND I were both coveting this swing set! So, for days all Kira talked about was "I want a swing set, Mommy, can I have that swing set?" So I told her that we would try to get her a swingset someday but I wasn't sure when and we would have to save our money and we couldn't buy a lot of other things so that we could save our money for it. She really understood this concept and was even willing to make sacrifices for it. We would be at the grocery store or Target or something and she would put something back she'd be holding because I would remind her that we had to save our money for our swing set. I was so proud of her! If only I could be more like that myself... Kira told Papa that she wanted a swing set so he gave her opportunities to earn money! He would lay down on his back on the floor and Kira would bring him a couch pillow and put it under his head and then she would rub his head with her little hands. He would actually pay her to give him massages! He still does this even. It was so funny because he said, "Kira how much for a massage?" And she said, "20." So he said, "ok!" and pulled out a 20 dollar bill and gave it to her! O my goodness. What an expensive 5 minute massage. It was so silly, but she went and put it in her piggy bank. Then another day probably that same week we were at Papa and Mama's house and Kira found a whole stash of change in their bedroom. So naturally, she started pocketing the change and amongst the change was a few $.50 coins. Now those are really big coins and so she put it in her pocket and said, "This will probably help a lot!" O, that made me laugh so hard! She was so cute and determined to earn all the money! Then the next morning after collecting pocket fulls of change she said, "Let's go buy my swing set!" She had really felt like giving massages and singing "I love to see the temple" for Papa and finding change wherever she could would earn her a swing set rather quickly. Well, for probably over a month Ian and I kept thinking maybe we could get the kids a swingset with our tax return money. Well, as most people are, we had big dreams and had already spent the tax return in our minds before we even got it... So, we decided to start looking on craigslist for a used one to make our money last a little longer. We found this one for $150! Emily's boyfriend Matt came over on a Saturday and helped Ian disassemble most of it at the guy's house in Cerritos and they brought it over to our house in my mom's truck. And that same day they got most of it reassembled with a little extra help from Jared. I couldn't believe how fast they did it! They disassembled so minimally that they didn't even have too much to put back together. We are really happy with it... Ian says he will sand it and paint it and make it seem newer (we'll see if that ever happens!) I decided that I wouldn't wait for before and after pictures because then I might not blog about the swingset for another year. haha
This is the girls today up on top of the swing set in the pajamas pretending they are in an airplane! Aren't they silly and just so beautiful?!?? I can't get over how beautiful they look here under the sun!

No comments:

background