Monday, March 18, 2013
Our mixed up family...
Kira has always had this weird sort of pet peeve about being called "Filipino." Whenever we ask her if she is Filipino she responds very passionately, "NO! I am ONLY White!" So today when Zoey and Kira were in the bathtub, I started talking to her about why she doesn't want to be Filipino... I explained to her that Daddy has brown skin and is Filipino and Mommy has white skin and I'm white and that together we made her and Zoey... So they get to be white AND Filipino! =D She quickly responded, "So then why didn't you just make me white mom!? Maybe someday she'll accept herself for who she really is... =P But for now, we get a kick out of her identity denial.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Oh man.
This had me laughing out loud! So silly. I love how you tried to make it an AND situation... She gets to be BOTH! I think it is so funny that she's so young and already knows exactly what she wants (who knows why?!) We'd love her tan, and cute face, and nose!
Caleb laughed and said, we made our babies just white! :P
Post a Comment