Sunday, August 11, 2013

Home Improvement - Let there be light!

Too bad I've been so bad at taking pictures lately, so I didn't get any of the boys at work BUT Ian and I have been so happy with our new lighting in our living room! Katie and Caleb came down to California for a few days before they left on a Hawaiian cruise with Caleb's family. While they were here, they didn't have their girls with them so they offered to help out with any projects we needed done around the house. This was like music to my ears since Ian's gone so much and I'm pregnant and helpless. Caleb and Ian fixed numerous things around the house that I had been wanting done for MONTHS. Like fixing weather strips, changing light bulbs, fixing Kira's bedroom door so it would close properly, fixing a leaky shower door. Ian took a day off work to helped Caleb fniish this last and biggest project they were willing to take on. We are so thankful for Caleb's help and the time he spent on his vacation to work on this for us. That was so kind of him to donate. I was so amazed that he'd be willing to do all that work for us for free and on his VACATION!  And I was so thankful for Katie for volunteering him! haha The day after they finished this project we don't know how we lived without it! Our lighting was sooo poor in our living room ever since we've lived here and now we are so happy to have beautiful lighting directly over the living room. We usually had to depend on the small lights under the bay window and the lighting that would trickle in from the dining room. Now we can actually see what we're doing after dark in this room. And we have the coolest little dimmer too. We just LOVE it!!! Ian would have never tacked this himself so we are just so thankful to have this awesome project done. It's been on our "someday" list ever since we've lived here. It just feels so good to accomplish those wishes and goals! And now we get to enjoy it EVERYDAY!




1 comment:

katie said...

That poor shower floor... :/ haha.
I bet you're happy that Kira's door closes now, too! That's nice to have out of the way so it isn't waking up new baby Adduru all of the days.
And I love the lights too. I am so happy for you guys!
We love your home and family and are always so happy to get to spend time there together.

background