On January 8th, 2014 Ian and I went into St Mary's hospital for me to be induced with our 3rd little princess. She was already 3 days past her due date and I was more terribly uncomfortable then I had ever been before with any other baby, and farther along in the pregnancy. We didn't get induced until about 9am even though we arrived just after 6am because when we got there the hospital wasn't even expecting us. Apparently they had never received any paperwork saying we were supposed to be coming in that day... So, after the doctor cleared that all up, I finally started to receive the pitocin to get labor started. At first it was going rather slowly, but after a couple hours, the doctor came in and broke my water. I was expecting about a 12 hour labor because that's exactly how long it took with Kira and with Zoey... But after about 45 minutes of my water breaking, I started feeling super painful contractions and they were coming on QUICKLY. The nurse said about another half an hour I could get the epidural and she ended up calling the anestesiologist in sooner because they were coming on so quickly and I was in a lot of pain at that point. I am soooooo thankful for epidurals! I knew the pain was a lot to feel, but I knew it would only be for a short time because I had that epidural to look forward to. Once the doctor came in to give it to me, I felt soooooooooooo much better. My whole body just felt so relaxed. And the sensation I felt in my legs was amazing!!! Every time I get an epidural, it's a different experience. This was my favorite! I could've stayed in that state for a long time... I wanted to in fact, to rest a little before June was born, but the labor was progressing so quickly. At that point I was about a 5-6 dilated and then within an hour they checked again and I was at a 10! Then the doctor came in and I began to push and within a few minutes she was out! I couldn't believe how quickly it all went. It was such a great, pleasant experience. She was born at 3:11pm weighing 8 lbs 6.6oz and 20" long. I am so grateful for a smooth, easy delivery with no complications. I have been praying so fervently about her birth being safe and successful and I am so thankful for Heavenly Father blessing us all during this time. She is such a beautiful, sweet baby. She has a strong spirit that I can feel, and I just know she is going to be such a sweet, strong, spiritual woman. I am so thankful the Lord gave her to me! A fun note that I realized also... I have had all my girls on Wednesdays. haha
 |
| I am thankful for Papa and Sara bringing Kira and Zoey to visit and so they could meet their baby sister. They were so excited to meet her! |
 |
| I packed food for Ian to have while in the hospital. Sunny D, a Hawaiian roll and a banana for breakfast. I was so thankful the hospital gave him a cot to sleep on instead of a chair so he could keep his leg up as much as possible. His accident was 2.5 weeks earlier. And he would lay there and cuddle with June whenever I needed him to. She just loved being all snuggled in that soft blanket in his arms. It was her favorite place to be! |
 |
| I just love her sweet little features... her little baby nose and her plump, curvy little lips! |
And I'm also thankful to Sheila, Sara, Zenos, Mama and Papa for taking care of Kira and Zoey so Ian and I could be in the hospital together. I don't know what we would've done without the help of our wonderful family unit.
3 comments:
I love the pictures of the 3 girls together!
Wow, all of these pictures are so beautiful! Who took them?!
I am so glad that everything worked out so smoothly. Our prayers sure were answered! Childbirth can just be so risky.. but it's amazing what our bodies can do! And how far medicine/science has come to be able to help our bodies in this process. We really have so many blessings. & thank goodness for tax returns to be able to pay for babies!! ;)
We are so glad you made it here safely, June! And so glad you have a wonderful family to welcome you!
Post a Comment