Wednesday, April 16, 2014

The singing truck...

So Kira is almost 6 years old, and Zoey just turned 4 a couple months ago. Ever since we moved into our house (3 years ago) we have always told the kids that the ice cream truck is "the singing truck" cuz of its friendly song. And it goes by through the neighborhood singing. So whenever they hear it they get excited and yell, "the singing truck!" and they would go to the door, gate or window and watch it go by... So the past year or so Kira has discovered that the little pictures on the sides are actually ice cream! So then we had to tell her that people sometimes buy food from the truck, that's why she'll sometimes see people go up to it. So we weren't ever actually lying about anything, we were just postponing the truth...

Meanwhile, we've recently started giving the girls each an allowance of $1 a week for all their helpfulness throughout the week. Ever since June was born they have really stepped up and been such amazing little helpers! I have Zoey collect trash cans from around the house and bring them to me in the kitchen so I can dump them all together and then she returns them to the right rooms. She is also so helpful when Kira is at school and I really need an extra pair of hands to carry something. Like today going to the post office she carried a couple packages for me inside since I was carrying the infant carseat in. Kira and Zoey also have gotten really great at putting their laundry away. I fold it all up and they put it away in the correct drawers, they clean up the living room every night and they brush their teeth daily. Kira is able to do the laundry! She can take the laundry to the garage, wash it, dry it and bring it back in! The only thing she needs help with is putting the soap in the washer since it's up high. I can't believe how helpful this is! While I sit and nurse the baby, laundry is getting done! It's amazing. I'm so thankful for her help. She is also in charge of changing out of her school clothes every day when she gets home, and completes all her homework each week. She even got a prize from school the other day for always turning in her homework on time and complete.

So, now that the girls realized what the singing truck really was and they have been earning their own allowance, we let them visit the "singing truck" for the first time. They were so excited! Now of course Kira asks like everyday... But we are really proud of the girls for being such great big sisters and really pulling their weight around the house. We love them so much and feel so blessed to have 3 beautiful daughters!


June has found her own treat... Daddy's hand to suck on!

She gets caught...

"Whaaaat??
 I wasn't sucking on daddy's hand!"
 Happy Spring!!!!!!!


Zoey sleeps with her blankie over her head every night... She has been doing this for as long as we can remember... literally since before she was 1 years old.

The girls and Ian had a picnic by the lighthouse in Long Beach while me and the baby stayed home to sleep in on a Saturday morning. I have such a great husband letting me sleep in so much! He biked down the riverbed on his bike and the girls were in the instep trailer behind him with a blanket, books and snacks for their picnic! I am so thankful these girls have such a wonderful, fun dad!


2 comments:

Eva said...

Cute!

katie said...

The singing truck! That's genius! It's so much cheaper to buy ice cream at COSTCO (in BULK..haha!)
But it's also really nice that they are working for an allowance and get to enjoy a special treat.
I love how Ian takes the girls on special outings. Caleb is really good at this too.. or just doing silly things at home with them.. he lets them "shave" their faces with him every Sunday morning (with shaving cream and foam numbers).
Sometimes I can't believe the quality of shots Ian captures! The one of Kira on the bench is so sweet :)

background