Thursday, June 12, 2014

Birney Fun Day - The end of Kindergarten!

 Kira is right in the middle here at her end of the year kindergarten program. I enjoyed listening to the songs the kids performed. Zoey was bored out of her mind... I am so thankful to Sheila for coming over to watch June for me that morning so I didn't have to fuss with her while trying to enjoy Kira's school event. 
 This is Kira with her friend Reighlene. We had Reighlene over for a play date and they became the bestest friends after that. Reighlene is a Filipino girl. She's super pretty and super sweet! I have really enjoyed her mom's company during our play dates. :)
 This is Kira with her teacher Mrs. Demps. She was so sad on the last day of school and cried herself to sleep for like 2 nights because she didn't want to go to 1st grade and be in a different classroom with a different teacher. It was sad for me to see her so upset... luckily not bringing it up and time helped, but Mrs. Demps was the first teacher she's ever had besides her primary teachers and me. I really liked Mrs. Demps also. Hopefully Zoey will get her in a couple years. Mrs. Demps seemed to have a lot in common with us. She is also a Disney nut, she even worked for Disneyland before and she likes gardening and she lives near by and also loves Lakeshore! haha. Lots of things I like to do. She always adored June after school and was good at communicating things with me. Kira did a great job in Kindergarten. I am so proud of all she's learned and accomplished. I remember Mrs. Demps saying in the beginning of the year how amazed we would be by the end, and she was right! I can't believe the way Kira is able to do simple reading now and can actually write in complete sentences. It's amazing! I am sooooo thankful for school, even though it's annoying in every way, homework, packing lunches, fundraisers, waking up early, commuting (even though it's down the street)... but I'm just so thankful I don't have to teach my kids everything they need to know at home. It really is so overwhelming to me! And I definitely do not have the patience to teach them myself!
 This day that Kira was in the Kimono was the multicultural/Birney Fun Day. I didn't have any Filipino clothing and I didn't even think to dress her up as a cowgirl, so she was a Japanese girl that day. haha. Kira and Zoey both love love love dressing up, so it was fun getting to dress up special for school. This is Reighlene's silly cousin Eidref. They were all in Mrs. Demps class. 


 The "Fun Day" was really fun! We got snow cones and tickets for games and bounce houses and Joy (Reighlene's mom) treated us to pizza and popsicles. I got myself a hawaiian kukui nut necklace with a carved wooden turtle on it. June even fell asleep in the stroller for awhile, and then we walked home. It was a really fun afternoon to kick off summer!








No comments:

background