




Ian and I are so thrilled to have celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary. We can't believe we've been married 1/2 a decade now! WOW! We were busy with Katie and Caleb's wedding in June so we were able to have a little getaway weekend together in July. We decided to go to Palm Springs. Ian purchased a small vacation package as a surprise for me which included a night in a hotel, a 25 minute massage, 50% off all the hotel restaurants, and $25 free for slot play. haha. So we ended up spending 2 nights because of the 2nd night discount and got to spend the entire day on Saturday in a day spa and eating out and at the pool. The trip was too short but it was so fun! What a relaxing day it was. We got there late on Friday night so we didn't do much because the pool was already closed. So, we went over to the Casino and spent our $25 in free slot play. We lost most of the $25 but after we used the free stuff, we could cash out our earnings which was $8.00! yey!!! Technically, we lost $17 but since it wasn't our money, it was $8.00 in our pockets. haha. That helped with the tip for the next night's dinner! On Saturday morning, we got to sleep in and headed over to the spa. Ian and I each got unlimited access to all the saunas and steam rooms and mineral jacuzzi tubs that we wanted to use and then we relaxed in this room where they put stuff on our eyes and waited there until it was time for our appointments. I purchased a full body scrub which was AMAZING! It was the first time I had experienced that. My skin felt so amazing!!! After all the steam I had been in, my body felt so soft and my muscles were so relaxed. But I'm not done yet! Then I went in for my full body 50 minute massage. Ian was already done by then so I just met him up in the hotel room after I was finished. We then went to dinner at this really fancy steakhouse in the casino building. There we ordered an $80 meal for 2 but only paid $40! yey! So we ate this super fancy steak called prime Châteaubriand with Gorgonzola Cream sauce. We had never had it before but it was super tender and very flavorful. The waiter carved it at our table and served our fruits and vegetables and potatoes on our plates in front of us. At the end of our fantastic meal, to our surprise, they brought us a free slice of this AMAZING chocolate cake on the house because it was our anniversary! So nice of them! (Usually they don't do that at super fancy restaurants.) After we ate an amazing dinner we headed down to the pool and jacuzzi where we played and relaxed for a couple hours. I was relaxed that day that I fell asleep at like 9:30 laying across Ian's chest while he was watching a movie on his laptop. It was such a perfect little romantic weekend. I'm so glad we can find time to get away and celebrate our marriage together and renew and refresh our relationship. We are always so much happier when we do these things together. It helps to get away from reality for awhile and live in a romantic, relaxing world with no problems, stress or responsibilities. =)




No comments:
Post a Comment