Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Here's comes the bride! - Amber's Bridal Shower


Amber's bridal shower was such a blast! I have been looking forward to her shower for months! It just so happens that Katie was able to make Amber's shower as a major reason for her trip down to California. We are so lucky Caleb's work trip was the same week! Amber's shower was absolutely spectacular! I think it was one of the most fun and beautiful showers I've ever helped throw and been to! Mallary did a tremendously beautiful job on all the food and decorations! I was so overwhelmed just walking into her beautiful backyard seeing all the beautiful photo spots and the beautiful set up of the dessert plates/forks, drink area, welcome signs, party favor spot and dinner table. You can see in these photo collages that these pictures need to be featured in Better Homes and Gardens magazine. I felt like I was walking through a magazine spead.



Here is another pretty picture spot and also a picture of the cute panty clothesline. What a cute idea! Amber got all sorts of panties she'll get to choose from from now on. =) And all the many many presents Amber will soon get to open!

And now for the entertainment! I had Amber type up a quick story of how her and Blake met. After spicing up the story a little, Katie, Mallary and I popcorn read the love story at the beginning of the shower. I thought it turned out so great. It was a great getting to know you/welcome to the shower activity. 
One of the funniest games was Bridal Shower mad libs! This was so fun to do with a partner. Amber read a few aloud to everyone. It was so funny! I really liked how we played a couple games, then ate dinner and then played a couple more before opening up presents. It really broke up the night well and made it interesting the whole time. We had activities for guests to do also like guessing how many diamonds there were in a jar, giving Amber and Blake date night ideas and marital advice. We had lots of flowers all over and lots of pictures of Blake and Amber including some photos of them as babies! Katie and I put together a hilarious "newlywed game" for Blake and Amber to answer trivia questions about each other. We thought they were going to get every answer right, but they each missed about 4 or 5. It was really funny putting bows in Blake's hair every time he got a question wrong and making Amber wear men's ties when she missed a question. Everyone was laughing. I really loved how ironic some of their answers were: 
Amber's pet peeve: an unmade bed
Blake's least favorite chore: making the bed
Amber's favorite food: onions!
Blake's least favorite vegetable: onions
The food was divine! Keeping with the vintage southern theme of the shower, we had a delicious southern themed dinner complete with fried chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn on the cob, cole slaw, green beans, biscuits, jam, honey butter, iced tea and lemonade. I wish I could've had 20 plate fulls! The food was amazing! And it was so fun being served too! A really nice service that Mallary's family was so kind enough to provide. 
After eating we played a celebrity couple match up game, the panty game where Amber guessed who brought each pair of panties and also picked out the best panties for categories like, sexiest, most comfortable, most animal like, Blake's favorite, granny panties, etc. 
Amber and her mom, Shirley at the top left
Amber holding Adeliah bottom left
Adeliah left and Annie right in the bottom middle picture
At the end of the shower we snapped a few pictures of Amber with her lovely bridesmaids. What a beautiful group of girls we make! We are going to be quite a site walking down the aisle soon! I can't wait!

2 comments:

Eva said...

You should be a professional party planner.

Eva said...

You should be a professional party planner.

background