I can't believe it! The day I've been dreading for Kira's entire life! A major step in her growing up! I have been excited and sad all summer because I know life is changing forever, as Kira's first day of school approached so quickly. I can't believe that she is officially a student. Her formal education (YEARS AND YEARS of schooling) has begun! And my life as a stay at home mom (literally STAY AT HOME) has changed. I actually have to be somewhere EVERY day now TWICE. That's kind of annoying! I can't be as lazy. I actually have to get up and get dressed now! ugh!!! BUT... being the WONDERFUL mother that I am, I know that this adjustment we are all going through is good for us and she is going to learn so much at school! I'm so excited for her to grow and blossom as a person, academically and socially. I think going to school is such an exciting new experience that she can be a part of. She is actually really young in her class. There's another little boy that was also born in August, but a year earlier. So I'm hoping everything will be okay. When we took her to the school for her kindergarten assessment they were very impressed with her skills and knowledge and said she was one of the best they'd seen in the assessment exams! I was so proud of her as well as myself knowing that I've been doing a great job at home teaching her things she needs to know. I am so grateful for the time I've had with her being at home with me. She has always loved it when we would play "preschool" and is always excited to do projects and learn new things. I know the learning is just getting started though and I'm just thankful I don't have to home school because I don't think I have the patience! If I can get through homework each day we'll be doing great! I am excited about her teacher Mrs. Demps. She seems really great, is very concerned about the children's safety and seems to take their education seriously and is always very easy to understand and clear about rules, what parents need to do etc. I also heard the principal saying that his daughter was starting kindergarten in Kira's class. So that means we must've got the bestest teacher in the whole school! There are 4 Kinder teachers. That made me so happy to hear. I know Kira's class will be well looked after! I'm so proud of my beautiful daughter, for her enthusiasm and her eagerness. And not just because I'm her mom, but she seriously is the prettiest little girl in her whole class! AND even though she's young, she's on the taller side of all the kids!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comment:
I'm so glad her class is a good fit for her. It's so true that she has so much ahead of her! But elementary school is seriously the best time of life.
Kira is so bright. And pretty.
She's going to have so many boyfriends!
Post a Comment