I am so thankful for the greatest best friend in the whole world. After Ian's bike accident and me being super super pregnant, we found ourselves in a pretty big physical predicament between the two of us... I could hardly walk those last couple weeks of my pregnancy and Ian couldn't walk at all. I would pray daily for strength just to take the trash out or get the laundry done or get dinner made. Daily tasks we all take for granted were getting almost impossible to accomplish and I would be almost in tears because it felt so unfair that I had to do all the work around the house being as pregnant as I was and having to take care of everyone myself. We felt so much strength and love from our ward and our families who brought in meals after June was born. I think I would've had a much harder time had it not been for the love I felt from others letting us know to contact them if we needed anything. We even let the missionaries and an elder from our ward do some furniture rearranging for us to prepare for the baby and we let them take out the trash one week because it would've been impossible for us to do. The elders even came back to take the trash out again for us the following week! They were such sweet elders. I miss them. :( But when June was just 1 month old Katie came out to visit from Utah, leaving her husband and 2 adorable 2 year old twin girls behind for a few days (she is also pregnant! She was enjoying her 2nd trimester). I was so grateful for her sacrifice and for the sacrifice of her family. Katie is wonderful and I'm sure they missed her so much! She helped Kira with homework, drove Kira to school for me, helped clean, held the baby so I could get things done, and we even accomplished a couple different photo sessions we wanted to do. She was also able to be here for June's blessing and helped me clean the house to prepare for that event. I am so thankful for her. I can talk to her about anything and she was there to help me when I needed it more then ever. I love you Katie!
![]() |
| Katie, June and Kira |





2 comments:
Awesome. So great that Katie was there with you.
That accident really did make things so tough! But many people were able to rally together to support and love your important little family.
It was such a pleasure to be able to come out, see you all, be at the blessing, and help out! Caleb spoils us all :) It was so nice to have one-on-one time with your girls, too! I just love them.. and Zoey's sweet snuggles! ♥ Thank you for making room for me & letting me come!
Post a Comment