Monday, February 10, 2014

June's baby blessing


Amber Roderick and Katie Perry


Tanya and Mauricio Alvarenga

June's blessing day was such a wonderful day! Ian was able to give her a beautiful blessing. I am so thankful for my priesthood holdin' husband who was worthy and willing to give his beautiful daughter this sacred blessing. How proud I am of my little family and so thankful to Heavenly Father to be a part of this miracle that's happening around me. I'm so excited about her sweet little spirit entering our lives. I am so thrilled to watch her grow up and teach her righteousness. I know she is so special and was meant to be a part of our family. I felt that about her before she was even here yet. I have always felt a strong spiritual connection to June even before I was pregnant with her. I have known for a long time that she was ready and waiting to come down from the spirit world and join our family. She is just 4 weeks old and already such a joy in our lives. Yesterday was just a wonderful, memorable day! I want to thank all our friends and family who came to the blessing to share in our joy, and also for all the help everyone was for the luncheon we had at our home afterward. I wanted to make a list just for remembrance of who came:

Grandma and Grandpa Loveland
My aunts Eleanor Fannin and also Lois Sissom who came down from Sacramento
Mama and Papa Adduru
Zenos and Sara Adduru
My best friends, Katie Perry who flew from Utah to be here and her mom Stephanie Taylor
Amber and Blake Roderick
Tanya and Mauricio Alvarenga
Candy, Josh and Noah Nielsen
Sheila Lawson and Nancy Aiupiu
Toni and Vicki Rouch and Ryan and Ashley Rouch
Kevin and Jeanette Overton and their children
and Paige Canfield

I wanted to share this blessing for those of you that weren't able to be there yesterday. We love and appreciate you all. 

Our dear Heavenly Father, in the name of Jesus Christ and with the power and authority of the Melchizedek priesthood which we hold, we give this baby a blessing and a name and that name is June Adalaide Adduru. We give her a blessing her that she will be a force for good, and she will be healthy as she grows up, that she would always be kind and loving to her family and be an example to others. Be a leader in the community and to show love and compassion and charity. With this example that she shows, people will follow her and listen to her. She will be a good leader in the church and in the community. I bless her that in due time she will marry in the temple. She will express this love she found for Jesus Christ to her own family and teach them the things which she has learned and teach them the things she has felt is true.

We bless you June that you will obtain education that will help you in your life and we bless that she will also be an example to her family to help them to lead them in righteous ways and that she will teach her sisters how to love God. We bless her with wisdom that she will always follow the right way on the things that she will partake inside her body that she will always be mindful that she only takes the good things in her body.

We also bless her to always remember her family, to be grateful to our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. We bless her also for being courageous and choosing the right way. Dear June, Heavenly Father loves you so much and you were sent to this family because of thy righteousness in the pre-existence. In this we pray in the name of thy son Jesus Christ, Amen. 

3 comments:

Eva said...

Wow so many people were there! I'm looking forward to meeting June. :-)

katie said...

It was so nice to be there for this! June really is just such a precious baby girl. She is so special. Jessie, I am so glad you were courageous, selfless and fought to bring her into your family. Life really does become more beautiful when you have more quality people to share it with. :)
Welcome June, and congratulations, Adduru's!

katie said...

She looks so cute in that little dress & bonnet, too!

background