Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Road to Success

When Ian and I first got married (will be 5 years ago next month!) the plan was that I would work to support us for 2 years while Ian completed the nursing program at Long Beach City College. He was already done with all the pre-requisites, had already waited about a year and a half on the waiting list, and had been accepted into the program. It's funny how you think your life will be a certain way and you plan things out according to your wants and what you think you'll need. But then life ends up taking you in a completely different direction, an even better one than you imagined. That plan didn't work out quite as well as expected. I found a job which I HATED and did that for almost 3 years, not making quite enough for us to get by so Ian worked a part time job while going to school full time. He ended up deciding that he HATED nursing and wanted out! So, he had a career change right around the time we thought he'd be DONE in school. He decided to go into Information Technology. (A field full of computer lingo I don't know anything about...) So even though the timing wasn't as we'd originally hoped, we decided that we shouldn't put off having a family any longer. I reminded myself that there was probably never a PERFECT time for children so we decided to let nature take its course. Not long after that, we were blessed with our little Kira and 16 months after her, we had Zoey. =) So even though Ian wasn't done with school we found ourselves in an amazing situation. Ian's been working hard full time while going to school full time so that he can continue his education while allowing me to be the stay at home mom I've always wanted to be. He's so wonderful. After a couple years of IT study, this semester he decided he could finally apply for graduation! We were really bummed when we got a letter in the mail saying that he still needed to fulfill a math requirement. AHHHH! Only one more stinkin' class to do before he can graduate!!! This sucked so bad because it's the only thing pending for his degree, which is what he needs to get a job in his field that he can LOVE, which is what we need to be able to move and buy a house! So, this past week Ian's been studying REALLY super hard for a math assessment test so he can pass out of the class. With him under this stress, I've been trying to be extra patient but that doesn't always work out when Ian works all day and I'm so excited to have him home finally and then he says, "be quiet! I'm trying to study!" So anyway, after a week of cramming and Katie and Caleb also tutoring Ian, he took the assessment test on Monday and found out on Tuesday that he passed!!!!!!!!! yey!!!!!!!! We are so thrilled! I can't even begin to describe how happy we are! We are so thankful to Heavenly Father for remembering us. Our desires and concerns have not gone unnoticed. We are so thankful to our friends and family who've been there to help us out so much while Ian's been in school. Ian will finally be getting his Associates in Information Technology. This long journey of schooling is NOT near an end, but at least Ian can begin the road to success in a field that he enjoys and can provide an even better life for his family that is already so appreciative of everything he does. =) He is such a great husband and father. His daughters love him so much and he is always so sweet to me never forgetting my feelings and concerns either. He is so awesome. I thank God every day that I have him as my husband. In the short time we've been together, he's already given me everything I've ever wanted and even hoped for.

2 comments:

Taylor Family said...

What a wonderful tribute to your hardworking husband. I understand the whole wanting to be with your husband when he comes home from work. You too are an amazing wife and mother and I am so honored to be able to call you friend.

Eva said...

YAY! Cool story. Ian should be a proud guy. =)

background