






Last weekend was Katie's wedding! We have all been waiting impatiently for this day to come! After lots of going back and forth on this, Ian and I decided to leave the kids at home and fly to Utah for the event. We had such a nice trip together. Busy, busy, busy! We got to Salt Lake on Friday morning around 9 or 10 am. We met with Blake and Amber at Tucano's restaurant for lunch. An amazing Brazilian steakhouse! We had such a nice lunch drinking pink lemonade and eating steak and salad. After that, we walked around temple square to show Amber and Blake the visitors center and a little bit of the tabernacle. We then went on a carriage ride around Salt Lake! We got to see a lot of the old mansions built in the early 1900s. Amazing! Some of these homes even had bowling alleys inside of them! People back in the day were sure living in style! I couldn't believe the architecture in some of these places we rode past. After the carriage ride ended, we left Salt Lake and headed for Timpanogos to take pictures with the bride and rest of the bridesmaids. That was a lot of fun being silly on Friday afternoon. When that was over Amber, Blake, Ian and I met with Katie and Caleb and her friend to eat at the famous Cafe Rio there in Provo. With all the talk about Cafe Rio, I couldn't believe I had never been there before! It was one of the most delicious mexican food dishes I have ever had! It was amazing! I got a steak burrito. They make it right in front of you and you can tell them exactly what you want on it. Their hot sauce was so yummy! Just perfect! So, then we headed back up to Riverton where we were staying at Eva's beautiful new home! After about an hour and a half of traffic, I had a terrible headache and just wanted to go to bed! The next morning, we woke up and got all ready for Katie's sealing! We were so excited about it! It was so amazing to see so many loving faces in the temple. There were so many people there who love Katie and Caleb so much. Their whole families were there. The sealer did a beautiful job. It was funny and also very spiritual. Of course I started to tear up at various parts in the sealing. That was the most spiritual part of the weekend and I'm so happy I was able to be a part of it! Katie and Caleb then made their grand exit out of the temple. They looked so happy together! What a wonderful couple!!! Then we decorated Katie's car with tulle and glass chalk and wrote "just married" and "congratulations" on the windows. Ian even drew a picture of the temple on the back of their car! It looked so great! We made a veil to hang from the antenna and Amber bundled tulle up and hung it from the license plate so it would blow as they drove. After that, we went to the reception chapel to have lunch with the family. So yummy! We sure ate like Kings the whole time we were in Utah! The food was amazing! Yummy lasagna and salad and fruits and cakes! Then we killed some time waiting for the next part of our day when we got to decorate the bridal suite for Caleb and Katie! We decorated their bed and breakfast mansion room with candles, rose petals, a sexy robe for Katie and diamond confetti. There was a jacuzzi tub IN their room that we put petals and candles all over! It was so romantic! We also put sparkling cider and some champagne glasses on the steps of the jacuzzi. I was proud! Then we got back to the reception. It was so beautifully decorated and we were able to sit and relax and nibble on goodies and chat with Eva and Morgan and Gloria and Julianne Given. That was awesome! Finally, as the reception was winding down, we helped clean up and got out of our dresses! yey! We got more comfy in our t-shirts and shorts for a fun night ahead of us. We went to drop off presents at Katie's grandma's house and then we were off for a night of comedy at Comedy Sportz! We have never been before but were so glad we went! This was the place that Katie and Caleb got engaged. Caleb called ahead and got the comedians to all get in on a skit that would bring Katie and Caleb up on stage so he could propose. It was absolutely hilarious. Seeing 6 grown men up on stage singing the words to "a whole new world" was unbelievable. I couldn't believe how well these grown men knew these disney songs. They were all very smart and witty. I hope we can go there again soon! So then we went back to Eva's house and went to bed. Our busy weekend was almost over. The next morning, we got to sleep in and go to sacrament meeting with Eva, Morgan, Morgan's sister Katie, Elizabeth and Jordan. I got to hold Jordan through most of Sacrament. Then Amber and Blake came by to see her house and we all hung out for awhile and ate lunch and talked and put together Elizabeth's little tunnel and play tent. So cute! She had so much fun crawling through the tunnel and coming through the door of the tent. It was so great to see Eva and her family and her huge backyard and beautiful new house with an awesome basement! I am so happy for her and Morgan! I hope someday we will be just as blessed. I need to be more like Eva though and save money! So, our Utah weekend was wonderful. We were excited to get home to see our girls but sad to leave that fun state and accept the fact that the wedding was over and it was time to go back to reality. We had some trouble at the airport because we booked the WRONG flight. We eventually got it all worked out and had to pay like $100 extra to switch the date from JULY 18th to June 20th for our return flight. I couldn't BELIEVE that happened!!! O well... we're just happy we got home. We ended up getting extra leg room seats and this lady next to me was kind enough to switch with Ian so he could sit by me! Yey! We felt very happy even though we almost didn't even get on the plane. Things ended up working out great! We are so happy for Caleb and Katie and Eva and Morgan and we had such a blast hanging out with Amber and Blake for most of the weekend and getting to know Blake better! What an awesome pair they are too! Can't wait until we can start planning their wedding!




1 comment:
What! You came to Utah and didn't see me! I'm glad I have you're blog now... Your family is so stink n' adorable... It will be fun to see you and kkep in touch on it. Hope all is well. Miss you guys.
Post a Comment