Wednesday, June 9, 2010

My Little Shadow

Lately, I've been noticing how much Kira looks up to me and tries to be like me. Yesterday I went to Victoria Secret with BOTH children and my friend Amber to try on a new bra for Katie's wedding. (I haven't bought a new bra in so long. I couldn't believe how badly I needed a new one. I thought the one I had on was fine, but by the time I was done trying on those amazing push up Victoria's secret bras, mine felt like I was wearing nothing.) So while we are in the fitting room, I've got like 3 bras up on a hook inside the dressing room and Kira is just SCREAMING and pointing to them and then slapping herself in the chest as she is trying to tell me that she wants them on HER. She is 21 months old and doesn't say too many words yet. She isn't able to say, "mother, I would like to try one of those on please." So, her way of asking is just screaming and pointing. It was so cute though. I handed her one and helped get her little arms through the straps and she held it so the cups were around her belly button level. It was so cute. She was standing there smiling at herself in the mirror. What a proud little girl she was. She was just as cool as her mommy. Kira has always been sort of a daddy's girl, but I'd say just in the past couple months I've really noticed her maternal side. I know she loves me a lot, but to see her mimicking me is just beyond flattering and even though she loves her daddy so much, I know for sure she loves me a ton too. I feel so much joy when I realize she's trying to nurse Zoey (she's done that a couple of times...) and she walks around with her baby dolls over her shoulders as she gently pats them on the back. A couple weeks ago, after we got home from church, I found Kira kneeling in her room with her arms folded and her head bowed and mumbling to herself. I couldn't believe I caught her saying a little prayer. It was the cutest thing. It almost brought tears to my eyes. Just today I was sweeping the floor and she was desperately trying to get the broom from me so she could do it too. I was also scrubbing the tub and she was trying to get in the tub and help me. I love how she is trying to be like me. I have to remember to be on my best behavior in what I say and how I act from now on. I feel so rewarded when I see her doing good things like praying and being nice to her sister. It makes me feel like I'm a good mom after all even though sometimes I get down on myself. I have seen so many moms in the store who are so mean to their kids and say such horrible things to them to get them to be quiet. I just think to myself how happy I am that I am not like that because I have been taught better than that, and that my little innocent children will not be subjected to that treatment in their lives. I love my children so much and I am so thrilled when I see how aware of the world they are becoming and how they are learning and progressing as their young lives move forward.

No comments:

background