






We got to celebrate the 4th of July with Brendan, Jana, Gavin and Chase Petersen. We enjoyed their company so much. It was really nice to have them over because not only did it make us clean the house but we had a really yummy cheeseburger dinner with watermelon, strawberries, chips and pink lemonade. We chatted for awhile while the kids jumped on the trampoline and then we headed out in our cars to the institute building at Long Beach City College where we could park and watch the Veterans Stadium firework show from afar. We literally got the most perfect spot we think of anyone!!! We just happened to set up our camping chairs right in between these two trees that perfectly framed where the fireworks were going off. I just loved the firework show. They had all these beautiful gold sparkly ones that made me think of a sky full of pixie dust. What a happy thought! (haha, no pun intended...) Jana said they reminded her of Star Wars. That was funny. They had some really interesting fireworks including some that looked like happy faces. I loved it when they would shoot off a whole bunch at once that were all red, white and blue. I just loved how patriotic it was. We are totally going to see that show again next year. It was so nice not having to battle traffic, parking, crowds and beaches. I am so thankful for my family and for being born a citizen of this country. I feel fortunate that I've never had to experience a harder life really. I've always been blessed to enjoy freedom of religion, speech, my actions and education opportunities. I feel God's love so strongly around this time of year because I know I am a chosen daughter of God and he put me here for a reason in the promised land. I am so thankful to Him for His love. Happy 4th of July to everyone!







2 comments:
I like when they have red white and blue fireworks, too. =)
aww i love 4th of july, great pics of the girls!!
Post a Comment