This morning when I woke up I went into the bathroom to put on my contacts. When I unscrewed the lid to my contact case, I found a fruit snack in the left AND right side of the case... Good thing I had some back-ups in the cupboard!
Tonight Zoey insisted on going to bed WEARING sunglasses... So FUNNY. She not only went to bed wearing sunglasses but earlier we were watching this little penguin cartoon for like 45 minutes and she wore them the whole time! She got to see pink penguins. No wonder the cartoon kept her interest for so long. She's so silly.
I just love my children. I am so glad I have them every day. Sometimes they drive me nuts but some recent events in my life have made me realize just how grateful I am to have them and to be with them everyday and how I could just never be without them and could never leave them. I am so grateful I have a loving marriage to such an inspired priesthood holder who loves me and I love him. And also that my children are safe and loved and well cared for. They are so blessed and so are Ian and I.
I have been really absorbed the last few days helping out a friend in need and I only got about 2 hours of sleep last night. I woke up this morning exhausted and overwhelmed, my eyes were tired and I just wanted to go back to sleep but I had to get up. I went into Kira's room to get her out of bed and when I looked at her I couldn't help but start crying a little. Just seeing her loving little face just made me feel comforted. It's amazing the love and comfort you can feel from just a small child. She is such a joy to me. I told her I needed a hug and a kiss and she came and sat down with me in our chair and loved me for a few minutes. I'm so happy that she loves her mommy so much that she gets so concerned about me. I just needed that so badly from her. She is so sweet and innocent and precious and she just makes me feel better. If I ever feel sad or overwhelmed she will get so concerned and she'll come sit on my lap and just let me hold her. I love that about her. I'm so thankful for my sweet children. I think I have never truly understood the word "joy" until I've had children.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Aww Jessie. That's sweet. The fruit snacks are so funny! Oh my goodness. Fruit snacks. Oh so funny! Zoey and her sunglasses - that is funny too! Such a kid thing to do. Zoey seems so grown up!
I just loved this post... got me laughing and tearing up at the same time... :) miss ya guys!
Post a Comment