Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween Festivities!

A couple days ago, I was in the Newport Beach area with Rachel and the kids and I thought it'd be good to drive the kids by the Newport temple since they don't really ever see the temple. So I briefly told them that the temple is Heavenly Father's house and that mommy and daddy got married in the temple. Kira said to me later that day, "I want to get married in the temple on Halloween!" So cute! I'm glad she got the message. lol.

The new website Pinterest has everyone all excited about crafts and holiday things to make. These are a couple things I was inspired to make this Halloween! I'm so excited. I've really enjoyed the time I've spent working on these crafts. It is so rewarding seeing these things come to life in your own personal way that is completely unique to everyone else. I made cute halloween headbands for myself, Katie and Amber. Then I made this cute Halloween ghost plaque using the girls' footprints, finger and thumb prints.


I've been really exited about decorating for Halloween because this is the first holiday season we've had in our new house! I've been going a little crazy because I discovered a new store that I LOVE called tai pan trading. I've also looked at pier 1 imports and cost plus world market and got a few cool new things on sale this year for Halloween as well as Thanksgiving and Christmas. And Eva sent me these TOTALLY AWESOME wooden bats that I've had SOOOO many compliments on! So, here's what my Halloween decorations looked like this year. =)




So I haven't dressed up for halloween in years! Ian was really insistent on going as Wolverine. He didn't want to dress up like a prince so I could be a princess and he didn't want to go as Bella and Jacob =( so I decided to also go as an X-men character. I really wanted to try to pull off Jean Gray's costume because she's so pretty and her and Wolverine have this kind of cool romantic, forbidden relationship, but Rogue sounded like a much easier costume to pull off, so that's what I decided to be. Plus, her and Wolverine also have a pretty cool relationship, so it works. :) It was really fun getting to plan this out for myself. I found a hooded cape at wal-mart, gloves and some white wash-out hair spray so I could make the strip of white hair in the front. I think it turned out pretty well! Here's some pictures from us at the Virginia Ward's trunk or treat night:











I've been trying to explain to Kira what we do on Halloween and that we say "trick or treat" to people and then they give us candy, but only if we dress up in a costume. So, she's agreed to wear her Cinderella dress on Halloween. She's been telling me the last couple days that she wants to be "bumbo" for halloween... which means, dumbo the elephant. She said, "mommy, I want to be bumbo for halloween! I need a bumbo dress." haha. so cute! Well it's a little late now to change costumes, but maybe next year! Here's pictures of the girls before they went trick or treating around our neighborhood for the 1st time! They looked absolutely adorable! And I made their way cute, reversible trick or treat bags too! We had a lot of fun.




I forget how little they are sometimes and I probably shouldn't have kept them out as long as I did. We were out trick or treating for about an hour. Kira was totally pooped at the end and I think her and Zoey are both starting to get sick too. =( Anyone who knows Kira knows that for her to fall asleep on the couch by herself means she must've been REALLY REALLY REALLY wiped out!

4 comments:

Eva said...

How AWESOME that you were XMEN! Wow! What a good idea. I totally want to do that next year. =)

You wiped the kids out with trick or treating, huh? Usually it's the kids that wipe out the parents.

The first house we went to I finally convinced Lizzy to walk up to our neighbor's house. It had glowing pumpkins so she was really worried at first. So once she finally got the courage to walk up there, their little puppy that's about 6 inches high came running out barking and jumping. It terrified her. So every time we went to a new house I had to pick up Lizzy in case they had a dog.

Gloria said...

Those ghost feet are ADORABLE!!!! How fun!! :) AND your costumes are GREAT :)

Amy said...

CUTEST decor and crafts!!! I love the Halloween sign with the footprints!!! Your girls were so cute for Halloween!! I love your intro pic! So fun that you have a blog!

Anonymous said...

You are so talented, i love all your decorations! I love all of your families costumes. You and Ian are total hotties and your girls are absolutely beautiful!

background