Ian's new passion: BIKING! Ever since I've known Ian, he has always been really passionate about sports. He doesn't watch them too often, but he always wants to be involved in some sort of sport... and when he finds a new one that seems appealing, he gets REALLY into it! When I met him, it was surfing. He was so into surfing and of course tried to get me into it as well. Then I ended up breaking my nose and will never try that again! Then, it was snowboarding. Of course he went all the time and wanted to buy all the cool stuff, snow boards, jackets, goggles, bindings... everything snowboards. The next phase lasted a really long time and that was paintballing. Ian got REALLY into paintballing. He has owned so many guns and bit and pieces of things so he can customize his guns. He would quite often buy a gun for a good price, then fix it up and sell it to make money off of it while learning a new hobby. So now a few years later, under the influence of his older brother, Ian has a sudden huge interest in biking. Of course he did tons of research and had his heart set on this bike. After selling lots of paintballing equipment, he was finally able to buy this baby! In case any of you are actually wondering about the bike, it's a Triathlon D6 Fuji. He was so excited when it arrived in the mail he made me take pictures of him "for my blog." lol. he's so funny. I guess this is a big event in our lives worth blogging about! =) I'm really proud of Ian though because he has really been using his bike a lot. He says he hopes to save gas money and be able to bike to work. He bikes to work now more often than not. He has lots of different routes he can take, one is actually a 20 mile route one way. On the weekends he bikes down to Huntington Beach. I'm not sure how many miles it is, but I think that's super far! He's usually away from home about 3 hours. He can go up to 25 miles/hour on a straight path. His goal right now is 30 miles an hour for 30 minutes straight. (by the way, his thigh muscles are huge!) I'm sure he'll be able to achieve his goal soon. Way to go Ian!



Of course now Ian wants to get Kira into biking, so here's some pictures he took of her on his bike. She's so cute!


2 comments:
Jessie, your home looks so nice!
Good job Ian!! It's wonderful that he stays so active, huh??? What a spirited boy! It's nice that he can use his skills and knowledge to pay for new hobbies!
The pictures he took of Kira on his bike are absolutely precious! I LOVE THEM!!!
Funny! That's funny that he wanted you to blog about it! haha!
Post a Comment