Sunday, April 15, 2012

Happy Easter 2012

So I wish I had a sweet story about how we dyed Easter eggs together as a family and how we got to spend so much quality time together and made lasting memories, except for some reason, Ian just doesn't like dying eggs. =T It is really hard getting him to do some of what I think are traditional family activities around the holidays, so we decided to have my friend Noelle come over and do it with us! She wanted to make some and her husband wasn't too thrilled about the idea either, so we just made it a girls activity. We had a lot of fun being silly and talking about how great our eggs were and how they were the best eggs ever! Kira enjoyed dying the eggs so much she has been asking if we could do it again since. I guess we could do another round after Easter? Why not?
Zoey was so cute... She liked to dye the eggs I had already dyed and she just sat there and stirred the egg for like 5 or 10 minutes until she considered it done. Our little eggs had so much color on them, the inside was totally blue after I peeled them open to make egg salad.
Here are the finished eggs! You can see some of our "tie dye" eggs on the egg holder. Those were fun to make!
I was very excited to get these great pictures of Kira and Zoey in their Easter dresses! They did so good in front of the camera! I just love their little faces to pieces!!!!! Zoey is so funny because she does this funny, squinty eye smile. If we tell her to smile pretty, this is the face she makes. (left upper corner of collage) She's so funny!
Goofy girls! I was able to get them to smile because I kept telling them,
"DONT YOU SMILE!!!" in a silly voice.
I love how they are holding hands here! I think this is one of my all time
favorites of the 2 of them together!
Kira and Zoey were both very excited about their Easter baskets! The Easter bunny brought each of them a giant sand shovel, a couple coloring books, stickers, a plate, fabric roses (great for playing "wedding" with), a princess t-shirt and a ballerina teddy bear! Zoey got a purple bear because she loves purple and Kira got the pink one because she loves pink. Seems like the Easter bunny loves the $1 spot at Target and he also went to Winco for the first time and got lots of different little easter candies so that each egg in the girls' basket was filled with a different kind of candy! What a fun, clever bunny! He must've had so much fun this year filling the girls' baskets! After church we went to Mama and Papa's house to have lunch with them, then we had an easter egg hunt outside in our yard. It was a nice quiet Easter this year and very enjoyable to be with our family.
I am so thankful for our blessings and for our Savior Jesus Christ. Easter is such a special day that we can remember His sacrifice for us and celebrate His Resurrection and the power of the Atonement. I am always so thankful that General Conference falls right around Easter because it really helps get me in the Easter spirit! It's always so spiritually uplifting.
I hope you were all able to enjoy conference and had a spiritual and wonderful Easter!

2 comments:

katie said...

What a happy easter celebration! I can't wait until I can dye eggs with my girls :) What beautiful pictures of your beautiful girls! They really are quite the pair. It's impossible to get used to their cuteness! Theyare so striking!!!!

Eva said...

What nice pictures of the girls. Lizzy really likes that dress - it looks so pretty on the two of them in those pictures!

background