Thursday, July 26, 2012

Juice

I am so proud of my sister who has lost 20 pounds in the past few months because she's decided to eat better... less meat and more fruits and vegetables! She's inspired me to buy a juicer and juice fruits and vegetables daily. I started out juicing every day for about a week and then got kind of sick of it, but I'm starting to get back into it slowly... The other day I decided to have a juicing party and I juiced carrots, grapes, honeydew, oranges and cantaloupe. I'm still trying to figure out mixtures of what foods go good together. I started mixing everything together in the beginning and started to realize that sometimes just a couple things is better than too many ingredients. We've been juicing kale and spinach (white is basically tasteless) and putting it in everything to add those nutrients that we don't really eat otherwise. Ian has really been encouraging me to juice more because he loves it! He drinks it with me so it's really nice to have his support and enthusiasm. Hopefully this will be a new lifestyle change for us so we can be healthier. Here's to good health!

2 comments:

Eva said...

Here's to good health! =) Your jars of juice look pretty cool!

Anonymous said...

That's so good! You've inspired me too, i haven't got a juicer yet but i totally want to try it!

background