Kira is so excited to be 4 years old. When we were at Winco a few weeks ago, she was YELLING in the store, "I'M SO GLAD I'M 4 NOW!! I'M SO GLAD I'M NOT 3 ANYMORE!!!" I don't know why it's such a huge deal to her, but it was making me laugh. I'm so glad she is excited to be a big girl and get to learn more things. She wants so badly to grow up and be big like mommy and daddy. She tells me that almost every day. Sometimes she even tells me she's going to move out and get married "tomorrow." lol. She's so lucky she's so young and carefree now.
Katie made this adorable invitation and came up with the cute rhyme for Kira's 4th birthday party. She's so talented! Kira just loves Jasmine. I think she's one of the most favorite princesses right now. I think it's because one time at Disneyland, Aladdin looked right at Kira from where he was in the parade, and Rachel told Kira that he looked and waved right at her because he thought she was Jasmine. She's loved Jasmine ever since! She must have a little "thing" for Aladdin...
I was really excited about preparing a Cave of Wonders type of table spread using lots of chocolate coins and treasure. I didn't get any close up photos of a lot of the details on the table. =( We had all the little Aladdin figurines all over the table including Jafar, Genie, Carpet, Raja, Sultan, Jasmine and Aladdin. I had a couple gold frames, bangles, plastic rings with gems in them, etc. It looked really cool! And all our servingware was silver or gold. Although we didn't stick with a middle eastern theme for food, we still had a great table spread with homemade french bread pizzas, mediterranean salad, deviled eggs, bbq sausages, hummus and pita chips, watermelon, spaghetti and garlic bread. It was all super yummy! Thank you to everyone who contributed to the food. We really appreciated all the help! I was so worried we wouldn't have enough food, but we ended up having waaaay too much! And thank you to Rachel and Tanya who helped me set all this up!
I spray painted a big frame gold and I think it turned out pretty cool! I also went to the dollar tree to get some candle sticks and plates, glued them together to make cake stands and then spray painted them gold! They turned out really cool and I was able to use them to hold all the Aladdin themed cupcakes. I love how the cupcakes turned out! I just loved the colorful frosting we mixed up and the cute little cupcake picks. They are all images from Aladdin. It was so fun. The girls have fun picking out which one they want to eat based on who or what is on the cupcake.
Kira got lots of wonderful gifts including a gift card, some cash, a Jasmine outfit, a backpack and lunch pail, clothes, a wonder pet fly boat! And some educational toys that I'm excited to use for preschool at home. The biggest surprise gift we got was a new bird!!! You can see it pictured behind Kira in the photo where she's holding the shoes. Ian's parents said that Kira told them she wanted a bird for her birthday! I had no idea she even wanted a bird, but being the loving grandparents that they are, they got one for her! It was a little bit of a shock to me to receive an unexpected pet, but the bird is really low maintenance and has been really fun having in our home! She is entertaining and the girls just love taking the birdie cage around with them wherever they are, in their rooms, in the living room. They are so funny. The birdie even went on my finger willingly once already... so with a little bit of practice and patience for all of us, hopefully she'll get to feel comfortable and know us really soon. Thank you for all the fun gifts everyone!
Kira felt so special when we were singing happy birthday to her! She got to blow out her candle and finally got to eat her cake and ice cream! Her favorite event at every party! haha
We got her the Jasmine crown/veil and the shoes to go with the outfit but she didn't want to wear it here. I'll take pictures of her with the whole outfit for Halloween. She was so stinkin' cute all geared up.
These are some of the other details I did for the party. I made a genie lamp garland and hung it in the bay window in front of a bunch of purple and gold curled ribbons. It was so fun! Then I made some cut outs on my cricut of a bunch of Aladdin images like Abu as an elephant, the clouds and sun when they are soaring high on the magic carpet ride and of course the magic carpet himself! Then we got some gold and silver wrapped candy, butterscotch, caramels and hersheys nuggets. Yum!
The many faces of all the important people in our lives. We love you all!!!!
Kira's birthday party was really exciting for us and it was something we were looking forward to for quite awhile. We are so happy to share these special events with our closest friends and family. We're sorry Katie was in Wisconsin and couldn't be there and Angela being all pregnant wasn't feeling well that day.
Thank you to everyone again and Happy 4th Birthday Kira!!!
I was really excited about preparing a Cave of Wonders type of table spread using lots of chocolate coins and treasure. I didn't get any close up photos of a lot of the details on the table. =( We had all the little Aladdin figurines all over the table including Jafar, Genie, Carpet, Raja, Sultan, Jasmine and Aladdin. I had a couple gold frames, bangles, plastic rings with gems in them, etc. It looked really cool! And all our servingware was silver or gold. Although we didn't stick with a middle eastern theme for food, we still had a great table spread with homemade french bread pizzas, mediterranean salad, deviled eggs, bbq sausages, hummus and pita chips, watermelon, spaghetti and garlic bread. It was all super yummy! Thank you to everyone who contributed to the food. We really appreciated all the help! I was so worried we wouldn't have enough food, but we ended up having waaaay too much! And thank you to Rachel and Tanya who helped me set all this up!
I spray painted a big frame gold and I think it turned out pretty cool! I also went to the dollar tree to get some candle sticks and plates, glued them together to make cake stands and then spray painted them gold! They turned out really cool and I was able to use them to hold all the Aladdin themed cupcakes. I love how the cupcakes turned out! I just loved the colorful frosting we mixed up and the cute little cupcake picks. They are all images from Aladdin. It was so fun. The girls have fun picking out which one they want to eat based on who or what is on the cupcake.
Kira got lots of wonderful gifts including a gift card, some cash, a Jasmine outfit, a backpack and lunch pail, clothes, a wonder pet fly boat! And some educational toys that I'm excited to use for preschool at home. The biggest surprise gift we got was a new bird!!! You can see it pictured behind Kira in the photo where she's holding the shoes. Ian's parents said that Kira told them she wanted a bird for her birthday! I had no idea she even wanted a bird, but being the loving grandparents that they are, they got one for her! It was a little bit of a shock to me to receive an unexpected pet, but the bird is really low maintenance and has been really fun having in our home! She is entertaining and the girls just love taking the birdie cage around with them wherever they are, in their rooms, in the living room. They are so funny. The birdie even went on my finger willingly once already... so with a little bit of practice and patience for all of us, hopefully she'll get to feel comfortable and know us really soon. Thank you for all the fun gifts everyone!
Kira felt so special when we were singing happy birthday to her! She got to blow out her candle and finally got to eat her cake and ice cream! Her favorite event at every party! haha
We got her the Jasmine crown/veil and the shoes to go with the outfit but she didn't want to wear it here. I'll take pictures of her with the whole outfit for Halloween. She was so stinkin' cute all geared up.
These are some of the other details I did for the party. I made a genie lamp garland and hung it in the bay window in front of a bunch of purple and gold curled ribbons. It was so fun! Then I made some cut outs on my cricut of a bunch of Aladdin images like Abu as an elephant, the clouds and sun when they are soaring high on the magic carpet ride and of course the magic carpet himself! Then we got some gold and silver wrapped candy, butterscotch, caramels and hersheys nuggets. Yum!
The many faces of all the important people in our lives. We love you all!!!!
Kira's birthday party was really exciting for us and it was something we were looking forward to for quite awhile. We are so happy to share these special events with our closest friends and family. We're sorry Katie was in Wisconsin and couldn't be there and Angela being all pregnant wasn't feeling well that day.
Thank you to everyone again and Happy 4th Birthday Kira!!!














4 comments:
Wow, so many details! You are good at party planning, Jessie.
I totally could have helped eat alllll the extra food! I love the table spread, Jessie! Especially how there are different tiered levels... and the table cloth was perfect! It all looked so good! I just love the cupcake colors. I am especially happy that Kira had such a successful party and knows that she is loved!! She really is such a special little girl and reminds me so much of you. I can't help but love her just because of that!!! Thanks for getting this post up, I LOVED THE PICTURES! Totally worth the wait ;)
Oh, and I was going to say that you all totally match in the picture with Blake and Amber!! Unplanned perfection, I love that!
I was talking to Amber about how I want to be able to throw a halloween party some day..and then I totally caught myself thinking, I could have Jessie do the decorations! ..even though I like to decorate some too.. and then I was thinking, and she can do the food! She dos such a good job! And then I realized that it wouldn't be me throwing the party anymore... ;) hahaha!
Post a Comment