Ian and I were invited to this adults only Halloween party. If you don't want to look at this blog post, I won't be offended, it's got kind of gross photos in it with fake blood and zombies and such, so for those of you who aren't interested in this type of thing, you can just delete this one. =) I was really excited about going to this party because I have never been invited to an "adult only" get together since before we've even had children! I kind of forgot what adult parties are like and what to expect! The only parties I ever attend now are for little kids. So we got all dressed up, and went off for an adventure. My mom helped out a lot fixing Ian's costume because it was a little too small for him. Turned out pretty good thanks to her help!!! I don't know what I'd do without her sewing expertise! It seems like every year, my mom comes to the rescue for Ian and his costume ideas. haha. When we arrived at our friend's house, we couldn't believe the display of Halloween festivities! Almost every single room in the house including dining room, bathroom, living room, kitchen, hallways, theater room (yes, this home has a movie theater in it! It's AMAZING!) as well as the courtyard outside, lawn, the garage and patio areas were all decked out in Halloween spookiness. Complete with purple lights, spooky music, life size moving zombies, moving photo frames on the walls,yummy food and guests all dressed up in funny and some very impressive costumes.
The girl above was totally freaky and reminded me of the girl from "The Ring." Ian wanted to get pictures with a lot of the scary displays.
A lot of these things were moving too.
Above you can see a bloody heart that was stabbed. There was actually blood oozing out of the middle of the heart.
A collage of heads...
A guy getting electrocuted in an electric chair. He was screaming and bobbing around his upper body and lighting up. It was actually pretty funny.
This guy got all chopped up into pieces. Ian wanted a picture with this. He's so funny.
I thought getting a photo next to all the little scientificy stuff was appropriate considering my character for the night... Spiderman's smartie pants girlfriend.
Here's the graveyard that had moving zombies in it.
A whole dining room full of a zombie family. Notice in the back left corner there's actually a zombie baby in a highchair. CREEPY!
Spiderman is going to whisk me away on his web and protect me from all the scary monsters!
This guy looks like he's had open heart surgery gone wrong...
Icky spider head man in the bathtub... Spiderman liked this. ;)
Tanya and Mauricio looked amazing as vampires!!!
I love these vampire pictures of them Jared took
McKinna was a housewife and Spencer was an asian pop singer. haha.
Noelle was a pretty greek goddess and I like to think that Jared was Indiana Jones. He said we could pick for ourselves what he was. haha.
Gwen and Spiderman
Here's our whole group. We are just missing Shannon and Kyle in this photo.
We had such a fun night getting out and enjoying the company of our good friends and getting all dressed up, taking photos and eating yummy food. I can't believe how much work went into the preparations for this holiday. My friend's mom said it took them about a month to set everything up. Woah! I don't think I could do it. But I am glad I was able to enjoy all of their efforts. Happy Halloween everyone!
And as a last thought, I made this cute decorative plate to add to our Halloween decorations. I love how it came out!





































1 comment:
When I saw the first picture of decorations on Facebook, I thought, wow, Jessie made a nice display! ... and then when I saw the next picture (the one with the creepy ring girl), I knew it wasn't your handywork. haha.
What a cool party! That is great that it had such a good turn out of guests.. because man, that is a lot of effort to put into a party! It was freaking awesome.. like monumental! Your decorative plate is cute, too. I hope you can fix the number to a 3 for next year ;)
LOVE YOU!!
Post a Comment