So I know I post about this every year, but we made our annual trip to Pa's Pumpking Patch. We had lots of fun dressing up (or I had fun dressing up the girls) and of course Ian dressed up too. I'm the loser who gets to take all the pictures. haha. Ian's Captain America costume got so much attention! It was actually really fun seeing the looks in little boys' faces when Ian would walk by them. He had to stop and take pictures with lots and lots of little boys and sometimes entire families! It was so cute. I love how children are so innocent and see the world for what it is. They don't understand how complicated and tricky us adults are. At Kira's 4 year old doctor's appointment, one of the things I learned about Kira's age group is that her mind sometimes can not differentiate between imagination and reality... and I just LOVE that. I totally believe it too because she's always asking me, "mommy, is this real or pretend?" And when we were at the pumpkin patch, she was telling me even before we left home that she hoped everyone would think she was REALLY tinkerbell. Then, when she was on a little kiddie roller coaster ride, the old man that was operating the ride had to help her out of her little seat and he looked at her, paused and then said to her, "I thought you were just going to fly out!" She laughed out loud and just LOVED that she had tricked him into believing she was really tinkerbell! You should've seen the joy in her face at that moment. It was so sweet. All her effort had paid off! Zoey wanted to be Belle that night. And I thought she made the most beautiful little Belle with her curly brown hair! She is so sweet.





Going to the pumpkin patch is getting more and more expensive each year as the girls are getting older and can do more of the attractions. I was really pleased that we stayed within our budget and the girls still got to do some awesome rides and games. We even played an arcade game which was really ironic because we had just been playing a bean bag toss game that morning with the girls and having a blast competing with each other. Then the game we played was a bean bag toss where we had to hit this little Indian wooden guy and knock him down. Ian did such a great job hitting them down and was able to win Kira and Zoey each a beautiful red fabric flower, which looked amazing with Zoey's belle dress!!! Funny too because I totally kicked Ian's butt with the bean bag toss match we had at home. =P Here's a photo of the girls on the train ride with their red roses. =) I don't know why they didn't want to sit by each other. silly girls.

And here's a photo of Kira on that kiddie roller coaster that she was supposed to fly out of the seat
Here's photos of the girls on the pony ride and some other fun rides we got to go on.
2 comments:
So great with all the pictures! I know I read the bit about Kira wanting people to think she was REALLY Tinkerbell before but I haven't left a comment here so I don't know where I got it.... maybe over the phone because you actually call me now! :)
I loved your comment about Ian & everyone wanting pictures with him. :)
What a fun place to take the family! It's got a lot of attractions! Looking at the girls being measured makes me think Zoey is going to grow up to be your height. So cute!
That is so sweet that their pretend world got to go over into the real world. =) That cute old man just made her day! And that is awesome that the little boys loved Ian's outfit. That is so cute! That is sweet that Kira asked if it was pretend or real. aww.
It looks like you were there a long time… there are daytime pictures and nighttime pictures!
Good job staying in your budget!
Post a Comment