Thursday, May 30, 2013

Boo Door, Search and Find Bags, and Snails

I've been wanting to share these recent projects I've worked on and am proud of! I thought it would be fun to imitate Boo's door for the girls from the movie Monsters, Inc. This is what Boo's door looks like:
 Using the colorful vinyl I had on hand and cricut, this is what I came up with... Not a perfect match, but I think it looks great! And I did it for both Kira and Zoey's bedroom doors. I think it's so fun! And they love it too.
 The girls are always finding silly things to do. For Christmas I got them some "non-hardening" modeling clay form Lakeshore. Let me tell you, this modeling clay is AWESOME! It will sit out for days and it does NOT get hard! We can use it over and over again. It's so much fun. I've only let them use about 3 colors and eventually they get all mixed together, but even just a couple of colors at a time allows for lots of fun ideas! Like this one... The girls made these little long skinny pieces of clay and then went around the house and stuck all them all over the walls. Kira said they were snails. I think she actually meant they were slugs... but EWWWW either one is so gross!!!
 
 When Katie was visiting this spring we worked on a project that I've been collecting items for for over a year!! I was wanting to make an alphabet themed search and find bag. I made this bag kind of large, probably about 9"x9" and there are 26 objects in it... One representative of each letter of the alphabet! I was so thrilled when I came up with an item for every single letter! I finally found a Violin in a foam sticker pile my friend had, and I ended up using a plastic X from a set of plastic letters we got at the Dollar Tree. Those were the final two letters I was looking for. I was so excited when this one was completed!! 
A - almond
B - bell
C - camel
D - doll
E - elephant
F - frog
G - glitter
H - hat
I - ice cream
J - jack
K - kangaroo
L - lemon
M - marker
N - nickel
O - octopus
P - pizza
Q - quarter
R - rose
S - shoe
T - trumpet
U - umbrella
V - violin
W - watch
X - X
Y - yoyo
Z - zebra
 
 The 2nd bag I made included a set of plastic numbers as well as some fun random objects I had also collected. This bag is so fun! it's a couple inches smaller in size... probably 6"x6" and is just FILLED with surprises!
I just had so much fun making these, I feel like I have to show everything I filled up with bag with to really tell its story. I really love all the fun animals, like the otter, cheetah, ladybug, pig and frog, and the little tiny items we pulled from a rapunzel toy in the bottom left corner. There's a little teeny cup, pan and ladle. 
This last bag I made is just filled up with plastic alphabet letters. It's small probably 3-4" in length on each side. I thought this would be a fun little activity for recognizing letters. And even smaller then the other ones so its lighter to carry around. All of these bags are so great for church, car trips or restaurants and I have enjoyed using them with the girls. 

2 comments:

Eva said...

SUPER SUPER SUPER AWESOME! I love the Boo doors, and those bags are soooo cool!

Anonymous said...

You're so clever! I'm happy that one day when I have my kids they can be spoiled with auntie Jessie's good ideas and games. I think you should paint the doors with a touch of pink!! hehe kidding... they look great!!

background