My youngest sister Emily decided to serve a mission! I am so proud of her. I honestly never thought she would have done this. She has come so far in the gospel the past couple years and our entire family couldn't be more proud. Her desire, testimony and faith has been so exemplary to me. I am so proud of all my sisters who have served missions. For this special event, I got to take a wonderful trip to Utah with my mom, my girls and Emily this spring to be with Emily in the Salt Lake temple as she received her endowment for the first time. This trip was so special because all of us 4 sisters would be together in the temple for the first time. We were joined by our Aunt Teresa and Uncle Matt which also made this a really special experience. We really enjoy seeing them. Emily has been called to serve in the Salt Lake City South, Utah Mission.
Before Emily went on her mission, I got to do a little photo shoot with her at a park nearby. She's such a beautiful girl, inside and out. I can't wait to hear about all her mission experiences and can't wait for her to grow and learn more about Christ, loving others and the gospel. It's so exciting to think of all the people that are waiting for her in the Salt Lake City area and how many lives she will touch. What a rewarding opportunity it is to be able to serve a mission. She will return an even better person then she was when she left and I'm so excited for this experience she will have in her life.
Emily will be returning home to California in November of 2014.











2 comments:
Those are such pretty pictures of Emily! And I think she looks as happy as she has ever been. =)
These are all such lovely pictures! What a wonderful time to come together and share. The gospel makes us so happy.
Post a Comment