Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Kira's Crazy Hair Day!

Kira and I were both looking forward to this special day at school where the kids got to wear backwards clothes/crazy socks and have crazy hair. I thought people were going to have a lot of fun and go all out with it... but boy was I wrong because Kira was quite the star that day! I saw other kids that had colorful mismatched socks and a few backwards t-shirts but that was about the extent of it! Kira made all the parents and teachers laugh when we got to school. It made me so proud to see that she was standing out, yet having the confidence to be different from everyone else. I reminded her how special and awesome she is so she wouldn't feel self conscious all day! It was really fun putting her together that morning. We put her shorts on inside out, vest on backwards, striped tights with mismatched socks and shoes as well as tons of bows in her hair that had little ponytails and braids everywhere. Then we pinned colorful socks all over her. We pinned a sock onto her lower back and Kira said it was really funny at school because all the kids were saying Kira looked like she had a tail. I'm so glad she had fun with it and could be silly with her friends the way I love to be silly with my friends. haha. We both look forward to more silly dress up days at school!



2 comments:

Eva said...

The bright colored socks are really fun. =)

katie said...

I remember when you sent picture texts of this! You did such an amazing job on her hair and outfit. I think it is so funny how so much randomness makes *her* shine. It's not distracting/detracting from her beauty! I'm glad that she was able to feel comfortable despite all the attention, too.
What fun memories for her!

background