Friday, August 26, 2011

My 27th Birthday!

My birthday was last Monday and I got to go to lunch with my mom. We went to crab shack and ordered this amazing crab dip and we shared a really good salad. The girls were really well behaved that day too! It was such a nice afternoon sitting outside feeling the ocean breeze, looking out at the beach and the boats, enjoying my mom's company and appreciating every bite of my yummy food!

Ian got me a used bike on craigslist for my birthday. He wants me to start biking with him and the girls. He always pulls the girls around in a bike trailer I got him a couple birthdays ago. I'm not that athletic... we'll see how this plays out... But upon my request, he took me to Cheesecake Factory for dinner! It was so super yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so excited to go there. I haven't been there in a LONG time! It's such a fancy place for us, so we only go on special occasions. What a treat! Of course you always have to get cheesecake when you go there. We ordered this peanut buttery chocolate cheesecake of some sort and I enjoyed that so much!!! It messed up my new diet though for like a week! We'll see how that continues to go...

Then later in the week, Rachel got me this super cute Disneyland themed birthday gift including a super cute purse, mickey mouse shirt, mickey earrings and necklace, and minnie mouse ears so we can wear them on our trips to Disneyland! haha. It is fun feeling like a kid again when we go there! She took me out for a girls night to dinner, a little shopping and the movies. It was so much fun to have a girls night out! I feel bad that I forgot my camera on ALL of these birthday moments... But I had such a good time with Rachel having a night off duty from my precious little ones and getting to watch a hilarious movie! We decided that we need to make a girls night out at least a quarterly event!

Thank you everyone who remembered my birthday! It made me feel special to have phone calls and messages all over waiting for me. =) Not all my friends and family are close by so I appreciate all the ways you were able to be a part of my special day and let me know of your love for me. I love you all! And I LOVE the cute new cupcake stand Sheila got for me too!!!

2 comments:

Eva said...

That's great, Jessie. happy birthday =) What movie did you see? We watched The Help this week. Liked it!

katie said...

Wow, what fun! I am sad you don't have pictures, either! It is so funny how we seem to forget to bring something so simple as a camera! Especially with how picture crazy we are!
I am glad you still wrote up a post without the pictures. Right now the Cheesecake factory is having a special where if you buy a $25 gift card, you get a complementary slice of cheesecake!!!!! :D yum!
What great presents from Ian and Rachel, too! (you could take a picture of those presents & post them!)

background