Wednesday, November 30, 2011

New finds and Home Decor

Over the past few months I've had some fun doing some decorating of our house and I'm so excited I just thought I'd share!

I got these cute jars at Target and I ordered some chalkboard vinyl from vinyloutlet.com and then cut out cute labels on my cricut to make these cute flour and sugar jars. Now I don't always have to dig through the bags to get the flour and sugar out when I'm feeling like baking. I think these are so fun!

Check out my new plate collage! I have been collecting plates for about 10 months and finally had enough to make a collage! Underneath the collage you can see the tall jar I got at Tai Pan Trading Co so we always have rice accessible in a cute way. My family eats rice on a daily basis and it's taken me years to figure out a pretty way to display it. I'm so happy with my find!

I got these really awesome vinyl expressions for myself for Christmas. haha. I just love them! They make me so happy! The cooking quote is in the kitchen, our family name is in the living room above the entrance to the hallway, and the one above our wedding photos is in our master bedroom. They turned out so great! I just love vinyl expressions!!!



Lastly, when we took family pictures, I really wanted to find a perfect way to display them in a collage in our house. After searching far and wide, I finally found this frame at Pier 1 imports. It wasn't exactly what I had in mind, but ended up being even better! I am so excited about how it looks in our home now. I get to walk by it multiple times a day. It always makes me smile.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have some really good finds. Your house is decorated so cute!

Eva said...

Your rice jar is awesome! What a pretty way to "display" rice. haha! And I love the white frame. I thought you made it. Anyways I've been wanting to do that for our house, too. I finally found a pretty collage frame and now I'm trying to figure where to put it. =( Our walls a all taken up. =/

katie said...

I absolutely enjoyed all of those things while I was there visiting! Your home really is perfect Jessie!! I am sure it's even better now that that you magic-erased your wall, and with the carpet cleaned! Caleb will be in for quite a treat! He'll probably be wondering why I don't make our place prettier :P Wait, he's a guy!
I am so glad that you have a beautiful space to make you happy everyday!!

background