Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Aquarium with Papa, Danny and Beth

Ian's relatives were in town visiting from the Philippines recently. Ian was really excited about them coming to visit. He doesn't usually get that excited when people come to visit, so I knew that Tito Danny and Tita Beth must have been really special to Ian. It was so nice to meet them for the first time and get to spend some time with them visiting, eating out and going to the aquarium. We got to show them around a little of Long Beach. I think they enjoyed their stay here and it was so nice having them! Hopefully we can see you again before too long.

This is the girls in the lorikeet area where we feed the birdies.

Here we are in the new Polar region area of the aquarium. They have jellyfish there that we can touch! It is so fun. They are like 95% water so it feels really squishy when you touch the heads. I learned that the circles in the middle of the jellyfish tops show the food that they've eaten. When the circles are pinker, it's likely that the jellyfish is female.


And of course, we always have to go pet the baby sharks when we go to the aquarium.

2 comments:

katie said...

What a fun outing! I bet they felt really special to be able to go around town with your family! Must have been really nice for Ian, too. What a big trip coming all the way from the Philippines!
Thanks for sharing those facts you learned about jellyfish. I thought it was cool to learn - pink is such a girly color! haha. It still grosses me out though. I don't think I am a under-the-sea kinda girl. But I am glad you can all enjoy it together!

Eva said...

I love jelly fish! I don't think I've EVER touched one before going to the aquarium with you. Very cool.

background