 |
| "Now you said you were going to give us a present if we did a good job taking pictures..." |
 |
| Not until you show us your backbend Kira! |
 |
| Kira is becoming quite the little photographer! |
We got a special surprise this month! Our old friend Chris Bare came to visit all the way from Virginia! Chris was my best friend back in my singles ward days. He actually encouraged me to give Ian a chance all those years ago. And Ian won't admit this, but I know he was jealous of Chris' and my friendship. HAHA. I used to call Chris and tell him about my dates with Ian. Chris married a Filipino girl named Tricia. They now have an adorable son, Liam who is 3 months older than Zoey. I was so bummed Tricia and Liam didn't come to visit with Chris, but Tricia had to stay home and continue to work. We got to visit Chris for a couple days and we had so much fun spending time with him. He was so amazing with our children too. It was so fun watching them all interact together. He was also nice enough to snap our family photos in front of the Christmas tree after church. Then on Tuesday night we went to have dinner at Harbor House Cafe in Huntington Beach. The 3 of us used to always go there. After eating there again for the first time in years, we aren't sure why we were drawn to it all those years ago. haha. But it was fun re-living the experience with Ian and Chris and the girls. Chris was such a big part of the early time in our marriage too. He was always there helping us move in new furniture, he was Ian's sport buddy. Chris would always go along with Ian in all his sports he wanted to do... They went surfing, snowboarding and paintballing together often. He was always our movie night buddy. He'd bring ice cream over in his backpack (he drove a motorcycle) almost every weekend it seemed. Ian was mad at me because I rode on Chris' motorcycle around a parking lot (which was the first and only time I've ever been on a motorcycle) because I wouldn't allow Ian to buy one! haha Thanks for snitching on me Emily!!! Chris makes the absolute BEST homemade pizza I have EVER had. I'm mad I didn't have him make me some when he was here! So many good memories! It was so good to see Chris! Ian and I both love him so much. The last time we saw him was when Kira was crawling and we took a quick weekend trip out to visit him and Tricia, that was about 4 years ago!
2 comments:
What fun, silly pictures! They turned out great!
Chris is the best. His pizza is, too.
What nice family pictures!
Post a Comment