

Ian and I realized that Zoey is about to be the exact age that Kira was when we brought Zoey home from the hospital. On Mother's Day, Ian pulled up a whole bunch of pictures from when Kira was a baby and we were comparing our 2 little daughters. I can't believe Kira ever used to be that little! I just can't believe how cute she was and how pretty and grown up she is becoming. Zoey is just such a doll too and we've also learned about how different the two of them really are. Not only do we think they look a lot different, but they were doing a lot of different things at the same age. For example, Kira was already interested in using the mouse on the computer at this age... something we've never really given Zoey a chance to try. Kira also was really good at drinking out of a cup without a straw at this age... Zoey hasn't had as much practice, but another example is that Zoey is actually saying a lot more words than Kira did at 16 months old! Some of the words Zoey is already saying and how she pronounces them are:
-blankie (bank-ie)
-bottle (bawl)
-more (mo)
-mine!
-daddy (she pronounces it: dahhh-dee... and she also calls me daddy! she even called my mom daddy once. so cute!)
-mama
-duck-y
-dogg-ie
-yes (pronounced "deh" but she says "deh" when she means "yes")
-no (NO!!!!!!!)
-down (dah)
-up (up)
At 16 months, Kira was saying her first word which was: duck! And a couple other words like "moo" and "boo."
It's so fun watching the 2 of them grow and getting to know their individual personalities. They are so much different in development and looks, but have so much in common in that they share a great love for each other and also for Ian and I. Kira just told me today for the first time on her own (without me saying it first), "I love you so much Mommy!" It was so cute! It just melted my heart. We have been saying it to each other all day!

Kira at 16 months

Zoey at 16 months




1 comment:
I've been begging Lizzy to say "I love you." haha. Kira at 16 months is such a cute picture! Zoey has the sweetest "I'm excited to see you" smile. =)
Post a Comment