Monday, May 2, 2011

Big girl bed!



Kira is 2 1/2 years old and we finally decided to put her in a toddler bed! I felt bad for Zoey being in that little, hard pack n play so we finally gave Zoey the crib and give Kira a big girl toddler bed! We are so blessed because Chris and Rachel had a bed they used for their niece Aubrey and they were willing to give it to us. I was nervous about making the transition because I didn't want Kira to have the freedom of roaming around the house un-supervised. We got one of those childproof doorknob covers so at least it keeps her in her room. The first night was hard and she didn't want to sleep in her "new bed." She just thought it was a great toy, but after the first night, she did really well! I am surprised at how well she has stayed in bed considering the new amount of freedom she has. Here's a picture of her new big girl bed with her care bear blankets and pillow case that our friend Krystal made for Kira for her 2nd birthday!

2 comments:

katie said...

That was so nice of Rachel! WOW! Kira is such a big girl now!! And always so pretty! I can't believe she is growing up so quickly! CUTE KIRA!!!! She is so lucky to have you as a mommy!!

Anonymous said...

Yay Kira! Big girl!!

background