Sunday, June 26, 2011

Father's Day





We thought it'd be cute to get a picture of Ian with his 2 daughters on Father's Day this year. It is soooo hard getting a good picture of both girls smiling, so I think this one turned out pretty good! =) We went over to Ian's parents house for a barbecue where we visited with a lot of friends and ate yummy yummy food! I am so appreciative to Ian for all he does for our family. He is such a great, fun dad. I was just thinking today how fun he is. The girls laugh so hard when he plays with them. He gets down on all 4 and chases them around the house and barks at them like he's going to grab them and eat them. They just get hysterical when he does this. They run around screaming and coming up to me yelling, "mommy! SAVE me!!" He is always so good about making up funny games for them to play and he's so creative with his stories too. He makes up funny little scenarios when the girls are playing with their dolls. The dolls are always having such silly conversations. Kira and Zoey always run to Ian when he comes home and give him big hugs and kisses. It's so precious seeing this moment each day. I'm so excited that he is not in summer school this year for the first time in a couple years! This means no more coming home at 8pm or 10pm each night after work and school... at least for a few weeks until fall semester starts. Ian works so hard at school, then work, then more school, then helping at home. I really try to not ask him to do much around the house because I know he's got so much on his plate already, but he really took it upon himself to take care of the lawn. I mowed the lawn the first few times after we got the lawn mower but I get such bad allergies from the dirt and grass that I can't stop sneezing for the whole rest of the day. It was starting to get frustrating and then Ian just started doing it without even being asked. I'm SOOO thankful that I don't have to do that anymore. He's so fast too. He just gets it done quick so he still has lots of time left to play with me and the girls on Saturdays now. =) I'm so happy to get to have him home this summer to enjoy more family activities and for him to see more of the girls. Thank you Ian for all you do to protect and provide for us so I can stay home and take care of the kids. There's nowhere I'd rather be everyday then with my daughters. I'm so thankful for Ian's sacrifices so that I can have this opportunity. He is also such an example of a worthy priesthood holder who loves the Lord, prays, reads his scriptures and is always encouraging me to do good things. He really is my rock who makes me strong when I feel weak. We all love you so much Ian!

1 comment:

Eva said...

Very cute picture of Ian and the girls!

background