Thursday, June 23, 2011

In Kira's Eyes

Today Kira said some funny things that just made me laugh and I wanted to write them down.

And first of all, Zoey is so sweet and totally did everything that I was asking Kira to do today like putting her shoes away and putting dolls away in the stuffed animal bucket. She's such a sweet girl! But Kira had a single pair of Rapunzel underpanties in her right hand and told me that her hands were "too full" to pick up anything else and help. O MY GOSH. attitude. lol. So then I tried to outsmart her and told her to put the underpants down... then I asked her to pick up her dolls. She then bent forward, grabbed her THIGHS and said, "my hands are too full mommy."

Kira often will respond and tell me that she's "too busy" to do something I ask her to do... Tonight I don't remember what I was talking to her about but she responded with, "my tummy is too busy..." lol

Today I watched Cinderella with Kira and Zoey. We usually just get through like 20-30 minutes tops of a movie before they lose interest but I really enjoy that short time just relaxing and holding each of them on my lap... also looking at their cute faces so entranced by the songs and princesses. I don't remember ever watching Cinderella so closely. I never realized how witty that movie was. It's really super cute! Kira even told me she wanted to go to Disneyland to see Cinderella. Tonight when I was putting her pajamas on she told me I looked like Cinderella! It made me feel so good! I asked her why I looked like Cinderella. I said, "is it because Mommy is pretty like Cinderella?" And she said "yeah... and mommy has wripped clothes like Cinderella." HAHA. I don't know why she thinks I have wripped clothing, and it wasn't quite the reason why I was hoping I resembled Cinderella... lol. O well, if she associates me with Cinderella I guess that's a compliment anyway!

The girls are just so sweet. They are so funny and feed off of each other. They start dancing around and copying each other's moves and it's the funniest thing to watch. Zoey started quacking like a duck today. I've never heard her do that before. It sounds like, "kock kock." While we were outside in the front yard quacking like ducks I was explaining to Kira how Mommy would be so sad and I'd never stop crying if someone ever took her away from me and that she needed to always stay by me when we were outside and when in public. I'm pretty sure she understood because she started being REALLY cautious of Zoey suddenly. She would grab Zoey's hand and bring her to me and say to me, "Mommy, hold Zoey's hand TIGHT!!! So she doesn't go in the street!!" I told her she was such a great sister. I am so proud of her for being such a sweet and loving sister who is always looking out for her baby sister. =) They are so lucky to have each other to love, comfort and confide in for the rest of forever!

2 comments:

Eva said...

Ripped clothes! Haha! It sounds like Kira is doing so well talking! And that is so cute how Kira was looking after Zoey and making sure she doesn't go in the street. aww!

katie said...

wow, how sassy! I love it. My goodness, she doesn't have any idea what it's like to have thighs that can fill up your hands! hahaha. This post makes me so happy. Where did she come up with the ripped clothing comment?? Kids are amazing. Caleb and I are just laughing our heads off.

background