On June 25th, Ian and I celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary! Woohoo! Go us! It seems like every year the anniversary date just sneaks up on us faster and faster. We have been so busy with work getting done on our house and planning our house warming party that we failed to really plan much for our anniversary. But a few days before we were able to come up with a great plan to celebrate. First, we spent a couple hours with friends at Ben Madrid's first birthday party. Then we left the kids with Chris and Rachel for the day and headed out to a little hole in the wall massage clinic where we enjoyed some really relaxing (and a little strange) massages. This place gave full body, hour long, $15 massages!!! Unbeatable! We have been hearing of more and more places that are dropping their prices and we even saw a place that was $20 much closer to home. We are definitely going to have to take advantage of these prices much more often! We felt felt so refreshed and relaxed after they were over. So next we went to dinner at a place called "Madera's" we had never been to before. Sadly, we weren't too impressed. We both tried their tri-tip dinner and we thought the tri-tip was too sweet... Their bbq sauce was disgusting! BUT they did have great mashed potatoes and good soup and it was the first time in a really long time we had been out to dinner together at a nice place without the kids!!! We just enjoyed that fact the most! Then we were off to the movies. We saw The Green Lantern. It was pretty good. (We've actually been lucky to get to go to the movies a lot lately because Ian's mom has been babysitting. I was so happy we got to see Transformers especially! That movie was soooo awesome!!!! And I'm looking forward to seeing Harry Potter this month!) So, Ian and I got to spend the whole afternoon and night together. It was so much fun and we really needed that date too. It is always so refreshing in a relationship to really take time out and spend just one on one where we aren't at home getting distracted by kids, chores, tv, computers, etc. I always feel closer to Ian after we have dates. I'm feel so blessed that we have friends and family who have been so gracious to give us these opportunities. We came home to a pretty funny situation also... See below.

I loved these tiny salt and pepper shakers! They were just so perfect!

We came home to this scene:

Chris had actually fallen asleep on the ground holding Zoey like this. I don't know how he managed to survive sitting on the floor sleeping like this. It was so funny because we looked all over the house for Chris when we came home and couldn't find him ANYWHERE. Rachel had fallen asleep on our couch so she didn't even realize he had been in Zoey's room for probably an hour already. Poor Chris! But he was such a good sport and I think he really enjoyed his snuggle time with Zoey. =) We are so blessed to have such awesome friends who are so awesome with our kids!
2 comments:
I LOVE that picture of them... I laugh everytime bc it as such a funny situation!! I cant believe I lost my husband!!
I love when kids fall asleep on you. So sweet!
Post a Comment