
When we moved into our house in February, we discovered a nice tree in the backyard... Up until now we haven't known exactly what kind of tree it was. We had lots of guesses, lime, lemon, orange? We knew it was some kind of citrus and then when I saw that the green fruit was coming out very round I was convinced we had an orange tree. Today I went outside and saw that there were tangerines on the tree! I took a whoof of the fruit and it smelled like a yummy tangerine! Yey! I am so excited about our tangerine tree! I immediately picked one off, came in and washed it off and took a bite. EW! So bitter! lol... I guess they aren't quite ripe yet... If anyone has any tips on growing delicious tangerines, I'm all ears, but I am just so excited about this tree! Mystery solved!




1 comment:
yay! LOVE tangerine trees! Congrats! Ours growing up... (and now) always has the best tangerines! I don't think we do anything special to get them that way.. other than watering! I wonder if they get yummier as the tree ages? Anyway, should be fun! Mid-December should be about the time they get ripe.
Post a Comment