On June 2nd, 2012, I got a new sister in law! After many years of courtship and missions, Zenos and Sara finally got married! It was a very special event that took place in the Los Angeles Temple. Kira and Zoey got to be flower girls for the event. They were so cute! I loved being at the temple that day because it was so beautiful and we got to be with Ian's entire family which is such a treat. His brother Abraham and his daughter flew in from Singapore for the event! His wife and 2 young daughters stayed behind. They got to stay for 2 weeks in California. Ben, Ian's 2nd oldest brother also flew in all the way from Pennsylvania for a quick trip leaving his pregnant wife and 3 boys at home! They are such troopers to make such a sacrifice so Ben could see his brother get married. Mhy-lanie and her boyfriend Damon drove down from San Francisco for the weekend. It was such a beautiful sacrifice that everyone made so that we could all be together. I'm sad we didn't get to see quite everyone, but I'm so grateful for everyone who made the special effort and sacrifice so Ian's siblings could all be together again for the first time I think in about 4 years...? I didn't get to go inside the temple because my little ones were protesting staying with anyone else outside the temple... It was really sweet because Ian said that he was really sad I didn't get to go inside because whenever we go to a temple sealing, it really reminds us of our own wedding day and what a wonderful day it was. We made such a beautiful commitment to each other that day and I love going back and reflecting on the words the sealer told us. I guess I'm learning about sacrifices of motherhood. I was really sad I missed the sealing, but at least I got to be there to hear about everything, see everyone and take some beautiful photos!
![]() |
| Uncle Ben with Kira and Zoey |
![]() |
| Mommy and beautiful flower girls! |
I just loved being with Ian's family. I just love everyone in his family so much. I love all the fun family photos we took outside of the temple. We just had fun snapping pictures. Everyone looked so nice and fancy. =)
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this picture of all 5 Adduru children. What an awesome picture!
Ian ALMOST looks as tall as his big brothers! almost... haha
Looks like Damon really felt the love for Ben that day!
Our entire family after Zenos and Sara came out of the temple
Sara's whole family was there too. Her brother and his wife flew in from New York. How special!
| The Addurus |
The bridal party, Sara's cousins and on the bottom right is her mission companion that flew in from out of state for the event!
![]() |
| Ian, Zenos, Sara and I. |
All of Cipriano and Mila's posterity that were there that day. We are missing 2 wives (one pregnant) and 5 grandkids...
![]() |
| The happy couple! |
![]() |
| The girls with Aunt Mhy-lanie |
Pretty flower girl Zoey!
| Pretty flower girl Kira! |
| My beautiful niece, Amber Adduru |
Beautiful LA Temple
The reception was decorated just beautifully! My favorite thing was all the flowers all over the room. They were all done the day before by friends and family. There was a cool tent like overlay covering the ceiling with twinkle lights dangling. My favorite part of the reception was when Ben, Damon and Mhy-Lanie all got up to sing and play a couple songs for Zenos and Sara. Kira and Zoey saw this as an opportunity to dance for everyone up on stage! I was just laughing so hard. I can't seem to find the photos from that... =( So I'll have to post them another time. It's been a few months so I think I'm just going to post this now without the photos from the reception. Sara's cousins (the bridesmaids) performed a really cool cultural dance which was just beautiful to watch! They are really talented dancers. Their costumes were red and sparkly and just dazzling!



























1 comment:
YAY!!! I'M A SISTER!!! ;)
You really did a nice job of summarizing your day! You worded the unfortunate circumstances outside of the temple really sweetly, even though it was really hard on you.
Your girls looked so darling in their dresses! I love how they went to the floor!
Zenos was so lucky to have everyone there! I remember at your wedding, I had no idea who was who in Ian's family. It is so cool how you have come to love and appreciate each member in the time that you have been married! It's almost like this get together was more meaningful.
I'm really glad you got a picture of your little family, too. The girls totally look like little princesses, and you and Ian take such good care of them! I love you guys!!!!
Congratulations Zenos and Sara!
Post a Comment