



After we left the aquarium, there was still so much left to the day and Ian wanted to show me the bike path he likes to take to work, so we did a little exploring. I've actually never walked on the path that we did that day. We got to go see the lighthouse and got to take a picture near the Queen Mary. It is so beautiful and peaceful there. There's all these seagulls everywhere cawing and the weather is so breezy and cool and fresh.

We gave the girls their first lesson in rolling down a hill. Zoey was afraid to walk down the hill so she would get down on her belly and scootch down backwards. She's so funny. Kira on the other hand loved running up and down the hill over and over while Ian and I sat in amazement at all of her energy.


After relaxing next to the lighthouse and taking it all in, we walked over to Shoreline Village and had dinner at Tequila Jack's. It was a really fun and super delicious mexican food restaurant we'd never been to before. It was getting really cold and we were starving so this was the end of our fun adventure. It's so fun exploring new places. I didn't even realize how much I've been missing in my own backyard for the past 27 years!!!

Ian and I have been talking about how blessed we are to live where we live. The weather is so nice here and the world is just at our finger tips. It just wouldn't feel like home anywhere else.

Isn't Long Beach beautiful??




2 comments:
Wow, it really is beautiful! Especially that last picture! It could be a professional POSTCARD!!! ... is it? hahaha. What a fun outing with Ian. I love that you can go out and make memories of seeing cool things and rolling down hills!
Cool! Yes you have good weather… You are wearing short sleeves! The weather here stinks compared to California. It is FREEZING here. Your pictures are cool! I don't think I could get Lizzy to sit on a crab haha!
Post a Comment