

We missed our new ward's Christmas party this year, so we thought we'd crash our old ward's party. We had such a nice time seeing our friends that we miss and catching up with them. I thought the ward did such a good job on this party. There was a Christmas presentation put on by the young men and super yummy food. After dinner everyone got ready for Santa to come see the children. Zoey was terrified of Santa and no way was she going to sit on his lap so we just have a picture of Kira on Santa's lap this year. =) She was very excited about it. After Santa left, everyone cleaned up the cultural hall to make room for a dance.?? That's something new this year, but ended up being a lot of fun. Kira and Zoey were having sooooo much fun running around the cultural hall. We couldn't get them to leave! The primary had a great activity going on in another room. They had crafts and a Christmas movie playing. The kids got to decorate cookies, do some drawings and make reindeer food out of glitter and oatmeal! It was super fun. Kira was very excited about leaving the reindeer food out for the reindeer. That was a fun idea I had never thought about and I'd like to do again next year.
Me and Kira made Christmas cupcakes for Santa on Christmas Eve. Kira decorated a very special cupcake for Santa by herself. I wish I had taken a picture of it. This was the first year that Kira was old enough to really understand and get into Santa Clause so I had a lot of fun with that!!! We even had a Christmas elf this year who watched over us all month to make sure we were being good. My friend gave us the book "The Elf on the Shelf" last year and so this year we got it out early, read it and followed the instructions. We named him Fred. And he was such a fun elf to have around! We miss him and are excited to see him again next December!




1 comment:
Fun
Post a Comment